Seat back adjusting lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtnapper

Reaction score
The front lever that adjusts the back of the driver's seat broke off...not the plastic handle but the post. I went to adjust the seat over the weekend and found it was on the floor. It looks as if the post and the catch for the cable are one piece (see arrows). It also appears that this can be removed if I undo a few bolts. Anyone have any ideas on this...what are the chances of getting the parts also. Right now, the back is in the uprights position, so I am able to drive. I did not want to try to take it apart just yet, in the event that I can not get it back into the upright position.
Thanks.

You must be registered for see images

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you got this fixed by now, but I'm gonna post anyway.

You have to replace the entire reclining mechanism. It can be had from the dealer. I know this because mine was broken off when my Jeep was stolen, and it was broken the same way, and they replaced the entire recliner. It's going to run almost $200.

I checked my estimate. The recliner itself is listed at $107. Now if you need the handle, that's another $15.20, but you shouldn't since you have it. I had the shop do it since I wasn't paying for it, and it only took them about 45 minutes to change it.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that just *****. Mine broke off about 2 months ago, it is on the passanger side which is where my wife sits...I didn't care so I didnt swap it out, lol. I had one prong left and was using vise grips but that broke off last night on the way back from LA. Do you guys have the part number for that mechanism? Guess I will be hitting the Junk Yards, lol.

Latest posts

Members online