Scorched KJ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor KJ! May she rest in peace!

You must be registered for see images

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YIKES SHOCKED.gif SHOCKED.gif SHOCKED.gif I'm hoping that wasn't yours. Any idea what happened? Looks like it caught on fire in a parking lot and took some other vehicles with it...

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks as if the Explorer (exploder) did just that. The front of the Lib doesn't look charred, nor is the driver side of/front of the van next to it. Was it the Ford Explorer that decided to melt?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
******** it!

I hate when people do that.. There no reports of fords exploding by themselves, better yet, it is a 05 or 06...
Look at the badge, it didn't melt at all!! and look at our J's in our Jeep badges, peeling by themselves.. Sorry for a sarcastic comparison but c'mon...

And about these, most likely intended vehicle charring.. if not, poor drivers. It looks like a mall or shopping center, they come back with their bags and full of joy and see their beloved KJ ruined..I would probably drop to my knees and weep like a baby.. ](*,)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well at first I thought that maybe it was the Exploder that caught fire first (which is entirely possible seeing as how they've had cruise control problems on alot of their models lately) and then the fire spread. But then after looking at the KJ closer, it's aweful white in the back right corner of it, indicating it got seriously hot back there.

Either way what a shame. I'd love to know the story behind it. Where did you get the pics from?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the caravan's rear protection.. that bar seems very nice. KJ does not have that....

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Look at the caravan's rear protection.. that bar seems very nice. KJ does not have that....
I knew a guy once who had a Ford Aerostar and complained about it being light in the rear end, so he got a buddy to cut and weld about a 18" section of railroad rail on the back bumper. No more light back end and just think what would happen to someone who hit him #-o

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you know how...
You must be registered for see images attach
:-s

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't think that was eddiev9's kj...he has a renegade in his avatar and the kj in the picture has the stock sport steelies. Still, the demise of any KJ is sad...a story here would bring some closure....

btw, hyedipin, i've been looking at that pic for about 15 mins and i can't figure out what that is either.

EDIT: Is that an aerial view of a train wreck?

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies, everyone. I should have put in more detail, but I don't have any, really. These pictures were sent to our unit safety committee for use with fire prevention posters (like "Only you can prevent forest fires" type of things); therefore, I don't know where these originated. My eyes popped out when I saw a poor KJ in the middle of it...thought it'd deserve recognition and a memorial from us.

But I do know... This took place in an army installation in Missouri. The cause of the fire were two 5-gallon gas cans left out in the hot sun. I know it's Missouri because another pic with a toasted Civic had Missouri plates along with other cars parked by it. There was a seperate pic of the two gas cans.

Oh, it's not my KJ (thank goodness). Heck, if it were I'd be cursing every other word right now.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
Oh, it's not my KJ (thank goodness). Heck, if it were I'd be cursing every other word right now.

Wow... you had us going! Well glad it wasn't your KJ... but still something else to see.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Man if it were my KJ and I ever got my hands on the moron who left two 5 gallon cans of gasoline out in the hot sun..... (Argh) chairshot.gif

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Man if it were my KJ and I ever got my hands on the moron who left two 5 gallon cans of gasoline out in the hot sun..... (Argh) chairshot.gif

It could have been the KJ owner that started it. (whistle)

The fire originated behind the Caravan and in front of the Explorer...just right of the KJ's rear, right wheel (from what I observe). Either the Caravan owner left out the tanks or the KJ owner left it to the side right outside the swing gate. I'm can't imagine the Explorer owner would "accidentally" leave gas cans in front of his vehicle.

Taking a closer look at the pics (and other pics), the KJ took the most damage all the way to the front seats. The front end of the Caravan is fine.

I'll get the other pics up and we can all investigate the scene of the crime.

2003KJ

Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
I'll get the other pics up and we can all investigate the scene of the crime.

please do! This is gonna be one of those things that will slowly eat away at the back of my mind.