Scangauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, but will it make you a sammich...?....LOL

Dave

Is there an app for that, I'll hafta look. But how do you check if your phone is female or male? lol
Oops, I forgot another use, dash cam. Gotta get a mount for it, but I won't be able to multitask viewing camera and gauges at the same time.
Maybe one of my old retired phones will work....if the battery didn't take a crap.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there an app for that, I'll hafta look. But how do you check if your phone is female or male? lol

Oops, I forgot another use, dash cam. Gotta get a mount for it, but I won't be able to multitask viewing camera and gauges at the same time.
Maybe one of my old retired phones will work....if the battery didn't take a crap.

oooohh just throw away that smart phone and get a scangauge and just plug it in and go. This is a scangauge thread.

Whoever had the first idea to cut the cord on their rotary phone and put it in their pocket and then tried to get it to work started some bad s***......I always liked putting my finger in the hole and rotating the dial and listening to the click...click....clickityclick click......course no one here ever seen one or knows what I'm talkin about...except maybe the one old guy on here (not mentioning any names) that remembers when you had to pick up the earpiece and turn the crank and wait for the operator to answer so you could say, hi Mabel, can you connect me with Francine please, my horse lost a shoe..........LOL

Dave

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoever had the first idea to cut the cord on their rotary phone and put it in their pocket and then tried to get it to work started some bad s***......I always liked putting my finger in the hole and rotating the dial and listening to the click...click....clickityclick click......course no one here ever seen one or knows what I'm talkin about...

Dave

Oh I do, rotary phones is all we had growing up. My mom still has a rotary phone in her house, old house with a phone cubby area. She never uses it, it's more of a museum piece now. Why, even my first flip fone was rotary dial, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oooohh just throw away that smart phone and get a scangauge and just plug it in and go. This is a scangauge thread.

Whoever had the first idea to cut the cord on their rotary phone and put it in their pocket and then tried to get it to work started some bad s***......I always liked putting my finger in the hole and rotating the dial and listening to the click...click....clickityclick click......course no one here ever seen one or knows what I'm talkin about...except maybe the one old guy on here (not mentioning any names) that remembers when you had to pick up the earpiece and turn the crank and wait for the operator to answer so you could say, hi Mabel, can you connect me with Francine please, my horse lost a shoe..........LOL

Dave

I'm only 22 and have used rotary phones... grandpa wouldn't switch away from them. Tell me how much longer it takes to dial who you're trying to call though lol.
You know there's an app to turn the dial on your smart phones screen into rotary dial??? :happy175:

Btw, everyone's throwing the old school card out there, but....the guy arguing their use and admitting their helpfulness...is 57???

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me old fashion,have the cheapy phone that just rings and good luck getting me to even answer that.

I envy you so bad.

My phone does not stop ringing, chirping,flashing. emails, text messages. when i go offroading and im out of range and i go back' my phone EXPLODES with messages-I hate that sh&^.

when i go on vacation i take a 10 year old phone with me. no emails.

Again - i am green with envy.