ScanGauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read good reviews about this computer. It can read and clear trouble codes and has many gagues (mpg, mph, rpm, batt voltage, and many others) and a trip computer. It costs 129.99 shipped. anyone ever had this in this jeep or other cars. It works on any car 1996 or newer and just plugs in your diagonstic port.

www.scangauge.com

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked one up and am currently using it. It really does feedback a lot of information, including things like "engine load" "throttle posistion".
My only complaint is it's not the best looking device.
And it hooks right up to the OBD port, so no battery and gives you a great idea of your mileage returns. I found out that my speedo is 2 mph fast.
If you placed manual gauges for everything that it does, they would stretch across the dash. And in the gauge selection you can configure the menu any way you like.
I do not work for the company...

ntc09

Reaction score
2MPH off??? so is mine

I have a scan guage, but it's currently in my 96 Suburban (I plan on moving it to my 05 CRD shortly), but I also have noticed that my spedo reads 2MPH higher than the scan guage.....I wonder if the scan guage is off???

ntc09

Reaction score
Scan Guage Info on CRD

I'll let you know as soon as I move it to my jeep.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I just picked one up and am currently using it. It really does feedback a lot of information, including things like "engine load" "throttle posistion".
My only complaint is it's not the best looking device.
And it hooks right up to the OBD port, so no battery and gives you a great idea of your mileage returns. I found out that my speedo is 2 mph fast.
If you placed manual gauges for everything that it does, they would stretch across the dash. And in the gauge selection you can configure the menu any way you like.
I do not work for the company...

Does it display transmission temperature?

RBorgers

Reaction score
Contacted Scangauge regarding compatibility of the Scangauge in a CRD. This was their response.

Richard,

We are adding the Jeep Liberty diesel to our incompatibility list.

We have recently found that DC used 2 ECUs on the diagnostic bus when they put the Italian diesel into the Liberty. One of them occasionally stops responding and needs to be reinitialized. Unfortunately, the other keeps running so the ScanGauge thinks everything is OK and doesn't do a re-initialization. This causes a loss of a lot of data at times.

Ron

k3tl

Reaction score
scanguage on an '05 liberty works great...very small calibratrion made...keep the stock 3.7/tires at 63 for best mpg!!!...I would trade my evic for this in a NY minute...tnx Rick