SandRacer's '07 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandracer

Reaction score
Howdy.

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself and my ride. Don't let my user name fool you. It's a leftover from when my sons and I were still into sand drag racing VW's, ATC's and quads.

Our Dakota was starting to show its age so we just traded it in on a new Liberty Limited. I don't know how much we'll modify this one but I am already looking at more aggressive tires. I don't seem to have much luck with Goodyears. The ones that came on the Dakota only lasted about 10,000 miles. I've been reading through many of the tire posts and doing a little searching on the net. So far the Bridgestones and the Toyos look like they'd do nicely.

We (the wife and I) went out to try on a new Wrangler Unlimited 4-door. We loved the looks but access, especially to the rear seat, left a lot to be desired as we occassionally have to load our aging parents in the back seat.

My wife really liked the Liberty so I did some research and liked what I saw. We'll do some occassional, light, fourwheeling as we like to explore old mining sites in the surrounding desert. But, mostly it'll be our primary transportation and haul our boat. For rougher duty we can always fall back on our Baja Bug and the Kawasaki KLR 650.

You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
(welcome)

One of the only few people (if not maybe the first?) on here with a 2007. Welcome to the site!

You'll be hooked pretty quick. \:D/

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love your JEEP!

I have a limited 2005 silver, with all factory options.. altho I have no front HOOKS..can these be added? anyone?

One mod I recently completed was.. I removed the ant off the fender and hide the hole with another 'trail rated' badge.. sweet clean.. and I never used FM anyway.. altho the entire thing is sitting in the fender with a wire case I want to pull it up and reattach it..

2003KJ

Reaction score
Re: love your JEEP!

libertydude said:
I have a limited 2005 silver, with all factory options.. altho I have no front HOOKS..can these be added? anyone?

One mod I recently completed was.. I removed the ant off the fender and hide the hole with another 'trail rated' badge.. sweet clean.. and I never used FM anyway.. altho the entire thing is sitting in the fender with a wire case I want to pull it up and reattach it..

Interesting mod you did.

You should be able to purchase the tow hooks and install them yourself. Don't necessarily have to go to the dealer..shop around on ebay, and make sure you get the mounting kit too.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sandracer, welcome, and it sounds like you and your wife will enjoy the Liberty! My wife and I enjoy ours too. It's just a great all around Jeep.

If you want, be sure to post your story here to:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=361

And we are looking forward to seeing what you do with your Liberty.
(Cheers)

sandracer

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
And we are looking forward to seeing what you do with your Liberty.
(Cheers)

Does hooking up the boat count? lol3.gif

sandracer

Reaction score
Well, I didn't think that the first addition would be as simple as adding a new receiver tongue. I had one that I'd been using for years and found out that I couldn't hitch up my boat trailer. The hitch ball ended up under the spare tire. After four shops I finally found a longer receiver tongue. The original one was 10 inches from the pin to the center of the ball as were most of what I found available. I finally found one that is 12 inches from the pin to the ball for $24.95. I did find extensions, on-line, but they started from $44.95 plus shipping.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sandracer said:
We (the wife and I) went out to try on a new Wrangler Unlimited 4-door. We loved the looks but access, especially to the rear seat, left a lot to be desired as we occassionally have to load our aging parents in the back seat.

My wife really liked the Liberty so I did some research and liked what I saw. We'll do some occassional, light, fourwheeling as we like to explore old mining sites in the surrounding desert.

Sounds like the exact same reasons why we bought our 2007 Liberty. We needed something with an accessible back seat for our older parents who visit us here in Vegas. And we needed something that can get us around in the desert and mountains here in southern NV for camping, hiking, geocaching, etc.

We've never been to Yuma. Might have to take a trip down there someday!

sandracer

Reaction score
Thanks to ideas from a couple of folks over on L.O.S.T., I finally got my storage boxes done.

and ........ a shot of the extended receiver hitch with a tad bit of snow added........... It's a Jeep thing!

sandracer

Reaction score
Added the CB today. Got an email that my antenna was shipped so I should get that on later this week.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice CB mount, Like that you can get it out of the way unless you need it.

Where did you get it from ?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall sould come jeeping with us out in phx some time, we uaualy take the easy trails with good scenery, and just enjoy the outdoors. we are doing a wickenburg run once it cools off, not sure how far vegas and yuma r from there but it cant b too bad

either way, welcome to the site, and very nice work on the cargo box.

sandracer

Reaction score
Nice CB mount, Like that you can get it out of the way unless you need it.

Where did you get it from ?

Thanks and the mount is the RAM model RAP-B-166U. I got it through:

http://www.gomobilenow.com/

I got my antenna mounted, almost. I'm using a 3 foot Firestick but it won't clear my carport so, I'll only put it on for road trips and off-road adventures. I just need to run a ground wire to finish off the install.

08K ~ I'm planning on getting out for some runs after it cools down a bit. My new OME springs are sitting on the den floor and I hope to have my new shocks and srtuts on the way (and all installed) soon. Phoenix is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from here (180 miles).

sandracer

Reaction score
The next step is now done. We added OME coils with Rancho Struts and shocks. I know, the stock tires need to go but there is just too much tread left to dump them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Always wanted to build one of them bought a 69 at one time to do that and ......well rolled it before I could do it! was still fun even after rolling it but harder to get into!
Thanks for the pic!
Tom