Rusty's Kits? Any Good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna get the guru's on here that say everything is crap besides OME... So be prepared.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You're gonna get the guru's on here that say everything is crap besides OME... So be prepared.

It is and you want to know why??
Because it is
Rustys springs are rated same as stock and will sag faster than you can say spit.
They are only rated at 310 lbs as are Skyjackers. I have installed one Rustys kit out of over twenty. OME 927s are rated at 400 lb much better ride and handling plus will last a long time
Then we move on to the rear shocks Rustys have and they are complete junk, have never fit right/rattle/shake
Money wise you are not saving a thing by going that route
You only have one time to do it right :Bye:

I see that you are in Cleveland I assume Ohio ? If so we have plenty of folks who we have lifted here in my garage that would be more than happy to take you for a ride to show you how a well set up lift does

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Yes, so true!

Because it is
Rustys springs are rated same as stock and will sag faster than you can say spit.
They are only rated at 310 lbs as are Skyjackers. I have installed one Rustys kit out of over twenty. OME 927s are rated at 400 lb much better ride and handling plus will last a long time
Then we move on to the rear shocks Rustys have and they are complete junk, have never fit right/rattle/shake

I see that you are in Cleveland I assume Ohio ? If so we have plenty of folks who we have lifted here in my garage that would be more than happy to take you for a ride to show you how a well set up lift does

Save your money and when you have enough saved up go for OME/Bilstein components.
(Gee, didn't I already say that somewhere else on this forum?)
Seriously, just go out and enjoy your Liberty the way it is and when you can afford the good stuff than buy it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm one of those Tom's talking about. I'm in the Canton/Akron area and would be happy to meet up and show you around an OME/Bilstein lift. No BS about this lift - it rides great on AND offroad and I feel a whole lot safer than I did pre-lift.

Bob

allybar

Reaction score
I'm new - can't figure out how to post my own thread...

I have an '05 sport and I'm shopping around for a lift - just the standard 2-2.5" I know everyone is pro Bilstein and OME, but I'm on a serious budget. Any recommendations on what else to look at?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at 460 dollars your over half way there to a much better option.

Plus your in ohio, couldn't get much of a better chance to get it right given how many have been completed there.

Go for a ride in one, its a world of difference.

Last edited:

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was new at once and tom can tell you that I was contemplating spacer lift/rustys for the longest time but in the end look at my signature and it will tell you what I went with instead just by listening to the senior forum members not to make anyone feel old or anything. I am glad I listened to people like tom because I would probably have one $H!TTY ride. Also depending on how tall and heavy of a tire you want to run, think about re-gearing also. 245-75-r16 is on the merge of re-gearing or not unless you have a manual or diesel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new - can't figure out how to post my own thread...

I have an '05 sport and I'm shopping around for a lift - just the standard 2-2.5" I know everyone is pro Bilstein and OME, but I'm on a serious budget. Any recommendations on what else to look at?

Nothing
There is no cheap lift that last or rides good
Your suspension is 7 years old and worn out so it all needs replaced
Take some time and read through the thousands of lift questions and you'll see where everyone ends up at

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:icon_lol:

Because it is

^Told ya.
:happy175: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175::happy175: :happy175::happy175: :happy175:

After ive finished laughing at the hilarity of this prediction.... i guess i am to continue my saving up for the good 'ol lift. thanks all for the insight

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score

I had a rustys lift. Sagged so bad I didn't even like my jeep anymore. Rode like sh*t. Got the one and it was wonderful. Save up, wait a bit, read the forums, and you'll save money and be much happier.

Sent via row boat

Members online

No members online now.