Rusty's Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauntedyards said:
sgoat said:
Kit installed.............Wow! See my post in the lifts section under "Rusty's 2.5" coil lift. Urgent!". Thanks Griz for putting this all together! =D>

You must be registered for see images

Wow... you got some serious hight on there... is that strictly the parts that came with the lift? or did you add some spacers to the rear and a clevis lift?

Are those 235s? That really looks good... My lift has arrived but I can't pick it up till Mondayish... Time to start looking for an installer...

No extras on this install. What you see is what you'll get. I couldn't be happier. Been driven' it around today and got to say that this has been money well spent. Those are 225/75's but almost the same hgt. as the 235/70's. This is what yours should look like.You're gonna love it! Right Griz! \:D/

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgoat said:
... No extras on this install. What you see is what you'll get. I couldn't be happier. Been driven' it around today and got to say that this has been money well spent. You're gonna love it! Right Griz! \:D/

Agreed, money well spent, looks and rides great. I love it.

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgoat said:
Kit installed.............Wow! See my post in the lifts section under "Rusty's 2.5" coil lift. Urgent!". Thanks Griz for putting this all together! =D>

You must be registered for see images

Nice job and love those wheels.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO My KIT ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!! I got it today, along with some towhooks i ordered a few days after the kit. Good deal. Can wait to get my lift on!

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauntedyards said:
Just to review... I my Rusty's kit I got the springs, shock and struts... Just those 6 things... (and stickers)...

Thats all that comes with it? Just to be sure...
That's all.

After doing this kit by myself, I would strongly recommend that anyone doing it themselves; take the struts to an automotive machine shop and have them disassemble and assemble your struts for you. I have a press in my garage and that made the job easy for me. I tried to do it with a pair of spring compressors, it is possible but not very easy.

The rest of the job is not difficult at all. It took me a total of 3 hours to put the lift on. I've been wrenching all my life and have a good assortment of tools.

There is a write up from someone that did a Frankenlift here; pretty much the same: http://jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4194

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, my lift is finally here (Guam) and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. Do I need to go have my struts compressed somewhere, too, if I upgraded to the OME rears?

I might be confusing the two, but I thought I read somewhere that you didn't need to do that if you upgraded.

Gringo Loco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the springs compressed. Struts go up front and shocks are in the rear. I think the only company that does preassembled struts is All Js with the frankenlift.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna look right after I post this, but just in case I can't find it, where is the best "How to" post on this Rusty's lift?

Latest posts

Members online