Rusty's budget 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyRock

Reaction score
Tried the 33's for $!its and giggles, rubs at full lock but that's it
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep not much travel room at all, will hit going over those speed bumps at the mall.
Plus no power

ScottyRock

Reaction score
What would it cost me to do a lift like this? Also would it be possible to do a ott type spacer for an extra 1.5" and maybe à spacer in the rear? Would give you like 3.5"s of lift.

My lift was like $156 shipped from Rusty's 2" budget boost, I left the factory spring isolator in the rear and it's good for an extra 1/2", instructions say to discard it

ScottyRock

Reaction score
Yep not much travel room at all, will hit going over those speed bumps at the mall.
Plus no power

Nope, only hits at full lock, jumped train tracks at end of my road and no rub, Well after "massaging" with a 8 lbs hammer to the metal inner rear of the front fender and very slight plastic trimming, No rubbing, with my Stage One chip, cold air intake and Magnaflow muffler, turn Anti skid off and with 3.73's it will light them up from a dead stop, ***** its only getting 15 MPG with the 33's was getting 17 MPG with the 31-10.50's and 20 MPG with stock wheels/tires

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, only hits at full lock, jumped train tracks at end of my road and no rub, Well after "massaging" with a 8 lbs hammer to the metal inner rear of the front fender and very slight plastic trimming, No rubbing, with my Stage One chip, cold air intake and Magnaflow muffler, turn Anti skid off and with 3.73's it will light them up from a dead stop, ***** its only getting 15 MPG with the 33's was getting 17 MPG with the 31-10.50's and 20 MPG with stock wheels/tires

Cold air intake, magnaflow have nothing to do with more power
you need at least 4.56s with those to even begin to use overdrive
even with 32s

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see you stuff the rear and see if your fender flares survive. Jumping tracks is one thing, but stuffing a tire in the rear is another. Light those up with 3.73s? No way, unless you're dumping the clutch or neutral dropping it. I have 245/75 duratracs and there's no way getting any spin on those unless its anything but dry.

Just trying to set the record straight, not trying to dump on ya. It looks alright but the function is probably little to be desired.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

peepwall.gif

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to jack this thread, but is the budget boost better than the RK 3.5 xfactor lift? I know that a ome or iron man or jba lift would be better, but as of now i a, going to school and working part time and just cant afford new tires and a $700 lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not trying to jack this thread, but is the budget boost better than the RK 3.5 xfactor lift? I know that a ome or iron man or jba lift would be better, but as of now i a, going to school and working part time and just cant afford new tires and a $700 lift.

Truthfully no
With sagged out suspension and worn shocks no spacer lift is good or better

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truthfully no
With sagged out suspension and worn shocks no spacer lift is good or better

No spacer lift is good ever right? I mean if you were going to replace you oem suspension to effectively add spacers you might as well just upgrade to a full suspension lift. I dont know how much parts would cost to replace everything with stock but i would guess it really isnt much cheaper then going with OME or iron man. And then buying spacers would negate any savings and leave you with a beat lift.