Rusty or Frankenlift?

• Rusty's 2.5" springs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.5" Frankenlift

• Other (list below and why)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moose

Reaction score
R.Rabbit said:
These seem to be the two front runners...

Other than cost and easy of installation, is it personal preference?

IMHO - It comes down to what you're doing with it and what you want to do. I've helped a guy here in Dayton (Eddo) install a Frankenlift and three Rusty's lifts. I agree with what I've heard him say - that the Rusty's is the best bang for the buck. Yes, the Frankie will be fully assembled. Yes, the Frankie uses OME coils which are nicer of the two. And yes, the Frankie has a nicer/larger front spacer to maximize your lift, but is it worth the extra $300+??? Well, maybe. If you don't want to dork with the struts, or do a front clevis lift to maximize your lift, or you want better springs, go with the Frankenlift (I did). BUT, those items may not be worth the $300+ you will spend to you.

I've run with KJ's with both. I'd take either one to Moab, althought I think the Frankenlift is better. I'm just not sure it's $300+ better.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i have heard, the main problem with the rusty's lift has been sqeaky rear springs. On the other side, i have heard many people say that the frankenlift has some quirks of its own, and they have had to find solutions to their problems on their own.

In the end, they both do the same thing... Lift your car 2.5-3 inches.