Rusted -LCA Mounting Brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill chase

Reaction score
"If you like your Jeep you can keep your Jeep, period". But it'll end up costing you a bit out of pocket. Golly, something about that statement sounds so familiar.
You know the acronym for jeep around here by most mechanics is J ust E mpty E very P ocket.

But seriously the rear control arm mounting brackets are rusted on an otherwise beautiful 2006 liberty limited and id like to buy and repair for step child first car. I see dorman, quadratech and others make frame pieces for the cherokee and tj/wrangler.... has anyone made a weld in parts kit for this area of our beloved kj yet? I have a 06 renegade and it is pushing 200,000 and is honestly one of the best cars i have ever owned, no rust, but weekly trips to the carwash to spray the undercarriage since new.. zero rust! And i live in Michigan where rust is a real problem for car owners. This 06 limited was not given the same attention to the undercarriage however..

Conversely, if no kit is available i would like to see home repairs. I am a maintenance tech and fabricator by trade.. so doing the work is simple enough, but due to limited time i would prefer a kit that someone has engineered as i do not have the luxory of time to tear down a good jeep and make sure the part is made correctly. Any ideas.. the rear passenger side control arm bracket has disintegrated and is unsafe to drive. But with less than 120,000 miles and meticulous maintenance records i have no doubt this kj will get her through her college years relatively trouble free.. help??

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get more views and probably responses by posting in your own topic thread instead of resurrecting a 4 year old one. General rule, if a thread is more than a year old, don't post in it, refer to it with a link, sure... but don't bring it back from the dead.

As for your rear control arm brackets, they're fairly simple box style pockets, some could be fab'd up in a garage in about an hour, cut out the old and weld in the new. Owners have done that to fit extended rear lower control arms often on a KJ. All you need is a strong spot for the arm to sit and the bolt to fit through, so long as the arm can articulate as needed. Don't see why you couldn't use a pre-made bracket for another Jeep provided the interior dimensions where the arm bushing and bolt go, are the same.