Subframe rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Libby

Reaction score
New to the forum, so be kind. 2003 Liberty with 100k miles, well kept. Have owned the car for 4 years and just discovered that the right subframe / frame rail just behind the coil spring is completely rusted through. Left side frame rail looks brand new. Two questions: Is this a common problem; and is it worth fixing? I have never seen anything like this and will post a picture as soon as I figure out how. Thanks

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth fixing? That depends on what your capable of and how much money your willing to spend. My wifes 06 has a few rust spots, so shes getting a custom suspension

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only about 4 real options;

Sell it. Either to some unsuspecting sob or piece at a time.

Fix it. Either yourself, or hire it done. One takes a lot of skill and a bit of cash, the other only requires a pillowcase or two full of hundreds.

Trade it. After 4 years of service (though you list yourself as 16) it may be time to move on.

Park it round back for a yard ornament. This option seems awfully popular here in the hills of Arkansas. You can always store "stuff" in it or let the dawgs sleep in it. Think of it as a mini storage building!

Bob

Yea, just an old codger jerking yer chain.:Wedgie:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Bre...
Even though subframe repairs can be problematic, I am not going to make any judgement, until I can see some photos of the damaged area.

I Normally use photobucket and upload photos there.
If you need any help getting the photos posted, feel free to contact me via PM (private message) and I can help by showing you some screen shots...

Latest posts

Members online