Rugged Ridge Seat Protectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never seen them or heard of anyone having them but they look pretty neat. Probably take some leg room away from the rear passengers.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never seen them or heard of anyone having them but they look pretty neat. Probably take some leg room away from the rear passengers.

It looks like some of the compartments are detachable. So maybe Leg room in the Rear won't be an issue.

They are cool though. I've been trying to find a nice seat covers for along time now. The Price for them isn't too bad either. Usually it's $65 for just one cover like that.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is spice the color? if so, it would be nice to have a pic. im gonna assume that its tan or something?

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured it out. found the color palate on another site. its tan. i bought them. i'll post up pics when i get them!

vaughan1966

Reaction score
I like this one !! Ordered mine today Got the black. I like the fact it has pockets in the back for my daughters "stuff".

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else take the plunge? I got mine today and will try to install them tomorrow. No instructions so I'm a little puzzled since there are some elastic loops I have no clue what to do with...

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else take the plunge? I got mine today and will try to install them tomorrow. No instructions so I'm a little puzzled since there are some elastic loops I have no clue what to do with...

Yes, I was puzzled as well. I just attached stuff where it seemed to make sense. Here a tip: Attach the elastic loops to each other under the seat using the little metal clips that are in a bag in one of the pockets. If you give it a try and cant figure it out, just give me a holler and I'll help any way I can.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers are real nice,i'd like some but they seem to be for seats with no headrest,do Us Libby's have no headrests? and would these seat covers still fit?. we have headrests front and rear in Uk. I also like the mopar neoprene seat covers they have head rest covers but only 2 for back seat were we have 3 headrests so they would look odd.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers are real nice,i'd like some but they seem to be for seats with no headrest,do Us Libby's have no headrests? and would these seat covers still fit?. we have headrests front and rear in Uk. I also like the mopar neoprene seat covers they have head rest covers but only 2 for back seat were we have 3 headrests so they would look odd.

You are correct, these seem to be made for a 1 piece back bucket seat, which is what my jeep has. I know a lot of the libertys have headrests though, especially the ones that have leather seats. Its possible that these will still fit with the headrests since there is the hole in the top for the top of the seat to poke through. Not for sure though. Dont know what to tell you about the back seat.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was puzzled as well. I just attached stuff where it seemed to make sense. Here a tip: Attach the elastic loops to each other under the seat using the little metal clips that are in a bag in one of the pockets. If you give it a try and cant figure it out, just give me a holler and I'll help any way I can.

I'll have to take a look later today. I tried doing it last night but ran out of daylight. The top portion was easy, its the bottom that is a little risky, especially since there's wires and springs underneath the seat.

I'm speculating but I think they would fit fine on seats with a dedicated headrest. Its hard to explain but Jon's pictures show it best. If you decide to try them out, I'll suggest ordering from http://www.usautoparts.net/ as they have the best overall price since shipping is free. There's also a coupon floating around that gives you like $3 off (its on RetailMeNot). I ordered on Sunday and they came on Thursday.

vaughan1966

Reaction score
put my in this week. love them BUT Kevin is right no instructions.. The covers have LOTS of storage and fit very snug. One thing on the passenger side make sure you don't make the seat cover to tight the air bag light stays on

vaughan1966

Reaction score
How tight did you make them? Damn...

its the left to right tightness and it only takes about 15lbs to set o the airbag warning light.. But thanks for the superman complex I have now :D

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I searched and could not find much information on these.

Does anyones have pics of these seat protectors installed in a KJ? Any experience with this product?

http://www.jeepsandstuff.com/out-56617.html

Thanks,

Jason

Those look cool for the utility storage. However, my strong advice is to get leather on your seats. Spills, water, mud. All just wipes right off.

vaughan1966

Reaction score
Those look cool for the utility storage. However, my strong advice is to get leather on your seats. Spills, water, mud. All just wipes right off.

and a hot *** in the summer and COLD but in the winter. I would get the covers just for that reason on leathers too

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Eh... I've stained leather seats in the past. If you were going to say they are more comfortable, then yes I'd agree with you. But I don't buy into the clean factor since both have drawbacks. For example, my last car had beige leather and my jeans ended up "staining" parts of the seat. This was something that happened overtime, not due to a new pair of jeans although I always wash new jeans twice before wearing so that shouldn't have been the case.

I'd call these semi-permanent seat covers since they're kind of a ***** to put on (at least for me) but others might find it easier...