Rubbing without lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. I just wanted to ask the experts. Right now im running a 235/65/17 im thinking of going for 245/65/17 since its almost due for new tires. The question is will i get rubbing without a lift?. Another question, is it good to use wheel spacers like spidertrax just for the rear so it stick out a little bit. I have been reading few forums and some say go and some say no. In my case its only for city driving and occational highway. I wanted it to be more stable and a meaner look.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Glad to be here.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see a problem running that size without a lift. You might get a little rubbing at the pinch weld, but that can fixed by pounding it down. For the spacers, it really a matter of opinion. Some say its not safe for street use, others disagree. If you decide to add spacers, spidertrax is the best. Better to get a wheel with a smaller backspacing.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THanks JeepKJ02. I guess there is no harm in pounding the pinch weld coz i have heard a lot of people doing it. I guess if there is more to lose than to gain re: wheel spacers then its not a good idea after all i will have to look for a wider tire for the back so it looks better.

Thanks again.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/65 will fit without rubbing, I am running 245/70 right now without problems, no lift and no pounded pinch welds. Only slight rubbing at full lock in reverse.
You must be registered for see images

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeepman56 thats very good info. I checked the fenders in the front this morning i already see some rubbing on the front maybe its because of some fast turnings it presses the front so it rubbs. I think i will leave the front 235/65/17 and the rear 245/65/17 what do you think good idea or awkward?? Btw this are the rims that im using maybe thats why im getting minor rubbing on 235's?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online