rubbing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ineedabouttreefiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently noticed a rubbing sound coming from my front end on either one or both sides and sounds like it is coming off of my rotor. everybody knows the sound that a wear tab makes on a brake pad and this is exactly what it sounds like but it makes noise even at high speeds when im not braking or with my foot off the gas. I just had new All terrains installed a few weeks ago and thats about when i noticed it but it didnt worry me at the time. any help is greatly appreciated

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be one of your front hubs, their wear sounds range widely however

if the pads are rubbing enough to make that sort of audible noise at 70 they're likely to be turning your rotors blue and all sorts of pretty colors

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Alright, so ifs thats the case change it all? brakes, rotors and calipers?

How many miles does your KJ have?
The reason I ask is because the last time we had our brakes done we had a similar constant sound coming from the drivers side front and I knew the pads were worn to the wear tab, it turned out to be a seized piston in the caliper.

So yes, replace both rotors, pads (naturally), and calipers if need be.

ineedabouttreefiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
168,000 and kickin. bought her at 162,000 so thats my mistake not looking at them sooner i just havent had the money to do much after the BFG's and Exhaust. Do you recommend any special brand?

Members online