Rubbing issue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasta76

Reaction score
07 liberty with a frakin lift, I have ruby wheels with 245/75/16 and have no rubbing issues but when i install my stock 235/65/17 on the factory wheels i rub on my passenger side swaybar? any ideas why? just had another alinment done and everything is perfect. I wanted to put on 245/65/17 for my new winters but worry they might rub more?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 17's have larger back spacing ~6 inches or more offset(42-44ish) then the 16 x 7 wheels you currently have. My 17's did the same thing before i replaced them with a set 16's. Its not you, its the wheels.

Solution is live with it, buy spacers, or buy new rims. Also if your buying new winter tires, 16's are about 50 bucks cheaper a tire where I am for comparable diameter.

fasta76

Reaction score
I have the winters on the 17" wheels already. Thats whay i just want to replace them. I hate spending $ on changeovers when i have 2 sets of wheels. I also have TPMS in both sets for that reason.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be fine the rubbing is minor, just paint your sway bar every spring and stay off the steering lock as much as possible.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just don't turn so tight and it'll be fine
look at where your steering wheel is when its hitting and just remember to not cut that close

Latest posts

Members online