Rubber feet on bottom of radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of swapping out my broken radiator. I got the rad put in with no problems. Once I finished snapping in the grill I noticed the bottom feet things that go on the bottom of the radiator fell off. How important are these?

Also, why do some of the how to posts on here say you need to remove the battery tray? It wasn't in the way at all.

2005 liberty
3.7l w/ ac
no hd cooling

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of swapping out my broken radiator. I got the rad put in with no problems. Once I finished snapping in the grill I noticed the bottom feet things that go on the bottom of the radiator fell off. How important are these?

Also, why do some of the how to posts on here say you need to remove the battery tray? It wasn't in the way at all.

2005 liberty
3.7l w/ ac
no hd cooling
I forgot one too. Don't worry about it. The bottom doesn't rub anything anyhow

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Helps with vibration and locating the bottom
They are there for a reason :gr_grin:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helps with vibration and locating the bottom
They are there for a reason :gr_grin:
I only have one on my radiator. Doesn't move one bit.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that it's daylight out I went and checked things closer. When pushing/pulling the bottom of the rad it rattles and moves a bit. Considering I don't have coolant in it, I'm going to pull it out and do it right.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that it's daylight out I went and checked things closer. When pushing/pulling the bottom of the rad it rattles and moves a bit. Considering I don't have coolant in it, I'm going to pull it out and do it right.

Some don't think they don't anything but they do help keep the radiator and everything solid
so yes have to pull and install them

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok got the rubber feet on. Took no time at all. I think there is a piece broken on my battery box where a bracket goes to hold the upper hose. That's why I didn't have to move the battery box to get the rad out.

When I had the rad out again I thought it would be a good time to change the thermostat. Ended up breaking the head off of the bottom bolt for the thermostat housing. It was siezed good because heat and vise grip couldnt get it out. I ended up having to drill right through and put a nut on the other end. If it were the top, I wouldn't have been so lucky with being able to drill through.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok got the rubber feet on. Took no time at all. I think there is a piece broken on my battery box where a bracket goes to hold the upper hose. That's why I didn't have to move the battery box to get the rad out.

I always cut that piece off the battery trays,it's for the 2.4 gassers and CRD's to hold the PS pump reservoir and is not needed for the 3.7 KJ's.

That is the 1 part that makes it hard to get the radiator out if it's still part of the battery tray.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always cut that piece off the battery trays,it's for the 2.4 gassers and CRD's to hold the PS pump reservoir and is not needed for the 3.7 KJ's.

That is the 1 part that makes it hard to get the radiator out if it's still part of the battery tray.

Always wondered what that was for. I cut mine off a long time ago. I always thought some day I'd regret it but guess not. :emotions34: