Round turn signal lamp for 2005 anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get an idea on how to get custom led turn lights to go on my grille instead of what comes with it.

attachment.php

• black circle: where i want my new led lights
  • yellow circle: where old ones are and possibly, i want them removed.

any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-10...id=1445270824&sr=1-1&keywords=KC+Hilites+1005

this is what i want to put in if possible. is there a particular ones or would any work?

Attachments

• 640px-2005-2007_Jeep_Liberty_--_08-16-2010.jpg
    640px-2005-2007_Jeep_Liberty_--_08-16-2010.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 153

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The round ones you've circled are your fogs so unless you do a pretty big rewire job you're stuck with those clear lights.

As for LED amber turns... That will require a lot of bodywork in the bumper. Or you could get a custom or highly modded ARB bumper and install them there :shrug:

Bob

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The round ones you've circled are your fogs so unless you do a pretty big rewire job you're stuck with those clear lights.

As for LED amber turns... That will require a lot of bodywork in the bumper. Or you could get a custom or highly modded ARB bumper and install them there :shrug:

Bob

Not really a big job but, it is under taking in the fact you have route and secure the wiring in the first place. I had considered this job if I could secure a set of export front fenders with side indicators on them to comply within boundaries of law since you must be able to show to traffic at your side what direction you are turning.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really a big job but, it is under taking in the fact you have route and secure the wiring in the first place. I had considered this job if I could secure a set of export front fenders with side indicators on them to comply within boundaries of law since you must be able to show to traffic at your side what direction you are turning.

Couldnt i just grab small led parking light and put it on my fender? Idk what the look would be like though..

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldnt i just grab small led parking light and put it on my fender? Idk what the look would be like though..

I belong on a Ford Focus forum and still post occasionally though I no longer own it. Some owners did buy the Euro side indicators, then cut the holes in their fenders to put them in. If you could get an over seas dealership to communicate with you which is damn near next to impossible without having over seas contacts, you could get them to send you the side indicators most of what I have learned is you can find a generic socket to work for them when getting a light bulb. Here's a pic of a KJ Export with the fender that has the side indicator.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For the turns in the grill one of the Ohio guys here that used to hang out at my garage just bought LED blinkers that were 2 inches diameter
Bolted right in to the holes in the grill, ran wires over and done

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep JK's have the round running/turn signal lights in the grille. Check out the diameter of those compared to the opening on the Liberty.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the turns in the grill one of the Ohio guys here that used to hang out at my garage just bought LED blinkers that were 2 inches diameter
Bolted right in to the holes in the grill, ran wires over and done

That looks great and exactly what I imagined it would look! I wanted 3 inches big but 2 inches look great. now, how would I wire LED lights though? would I need special relay or is it just putting wires together and good to go?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks great and exactly what I imagined it would look! I wanted 3 inches big but 2 inches look great. now, how would I wire LED lights though? would I need special relay or is it just putting wires together and good to go?

With LEDs if not built in you'll need a resister in line. Also make sure they are 3 wire of course

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep JK's have the round running/turn signal lights in the grille. Check out the diameter of those compared to the opening on the Liberty.

thanks! turns out those are about 3.5 inch wide as well! (88 mm)

i might find a perfect fit after all

With LEDs if not built in you'll need a resister in line. Also make sure they are 3 wire of course

i feel stupid for asking this..but what functions would each wires have? I've never really wired anything in my life before...

is this the right idea?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With two wires the light is either on or off
three wires you have the ability to have running lights and turn signals both

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With two wires the light is either on or off

three wires you have the ability to have running lights and turn signals both

Thanks for the reply!

Does this look like a right set up? I want side marker to be constantly on, and blink whenever i signal turns. Side markers don't need load resistors right?

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ended up doing this.

This is 4 inches big, and came with grommet. I drilled 4 inches hole and widened it to get grommet in there and squeezed lights in. I havent installed my side markers yet, but i did leave out some wires to hook them up easier.

Thanks for your help again tommudd. This is like your 5th time helping me already lol.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I ended up doing this.

This is 4 inches big, and came with grommet. I drilled 4 inches hole and widened it to get grommet in there and squeezed lights in. I havent installed my side markers yet, but i did leave out some wires to hook them up easier.

Thanks for your help again tommudd. This is like your 5th time helping me already lol.

Pretty sure Tom has helped just about everyone on this forum at least 5 times. One of the reasons I hang around. :party52:

Latest posts

Members online