Nilight LED lightbar experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Looking at these yesterday and asking for real user experience with them offroad. Good lights? Decent throw on beam? Longevity? Cheap Chicom trash? I figure at least one here has tried them. If not, I can try them out for quality. Kit consists of a 20" light bar for the front and a couple "pods" for rear backup lights mounted to my cargo basket up high. I have prebuilt wiring harnesses for both in my parts locker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPHPMQ...olid=2SRMJEUME1VFZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My other option is going with a known good Hella setup for easily 4x the outlay. I've used their Valuefit 4 LED driving light pods on my Honda ST1300 touring bike and was super impressed with brightness and beam throw. I like frying deer with lasers. lol

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-357208...+light+bar&qid=1608902559&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I've used the Hella halogen version too and the LEDs kill them for lower draw and higher light output.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheap to buy for a reason, cheaply made
I had some to test out, sorely disappointed for sure
They looked bright and you thought they were great for the money
But then comparing them to other brands like Rigid, Vison X, KC to name a few they really are not that great
They light up the area right in front of you , but no distance
We tested several out at my place at one of the M&Gs that lasted all weekend
Had some other cheaper ones plus the Nilights
None matched the distance , overall light patterns , etc that the main good light manufactures did
I run two Rigid light pods, plus a set of Vision X Light Cannons on my 03 and am very well pleased
Have them set up on an old style food switch so easy to switch between them, depending on what I need, plus a master switch on both
Spending money on great lights is better in the long run IMO
I have about 10-12 sets of cheapos that were sent to me to check out for various companies, after trying , back to a junk box they go

OF course some will argue my point, but this is mine
Of course the Mall Crawlers love these cheap lights

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Are KC Hi-lites still a reputable brand for quality? Had five 6" rounds on a lightbar for my CJ and they were pretty impressive.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at these yesterday and asking for real user experience with them offroad. Good lights? Decent throw on beam? Longevity? Cheap Chicom trash? I figure at least one here has tried them. If not, I can try them out for quality. Kit consists of a 20" light bar for the front and a couple "pods" for rear backup lights mounted to my cargo basket up high. I have prebuilt wiring harnesses for both in my parts locker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPHPMQ...olid=2SRMJEUME1VFZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My other option is going with a known good Hella setup for easily 4x the outlay. I've used their Valuefit 4 LED driving light pods on my Honda ST1300 touring bike and was super impressed with brightness and beam throw. I like frying deer with lasers. lol

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-357208...+light+bar&qid=1608902559&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I've used the Hella halogen version too and the LEDs kill them for lower draw and higher light output.
They are cheap,but for the money you cant really complain I got one on my xj and it works ,helps on the night runs,so far has held up in rain and water crossings ..but if you can save and get a good brand maybe thats the way to go.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One other thing with the cheaper brands is the lenses.
For example the ones I use for backup lights on the 03 were tested mounted on front but never ran up there
The Rigid cubes were ran for 2-3 years on the 04 and now 4 plus on the 03 and the lens look like new
the cheap ones ( Nilights I think , have to double check ) have been mounted in the rear bumper for 5 years now and the lens on them are pitted up like they have had road rash for miles and miles

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are KC Hi-lites still a reputable brand for quality? Had five 6" rounds on a lightbar for my CJ and they were pretty impressive.
They are still a good brand, prices and quality are still up there and have some nice LEDs out there
I had 6 KC Highlighters on top of my 4x4 Dodge van for a while until a wild tree limb took them off :)

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
See if you can find an old Renagade at the wreckers with a slightly used OEM light bar.
I use mine daily when heading to work.
Lights up the sky and also work to at least a 1/4 mile away.
Not my Jeep, but like the looks of the light setup.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rene lights are not good for hiway use nor off road even
plus not quartermilers
Lights on roof show too much dust coming up blurring things
I have two rene light setups sitting here, if mounted will only be for looks really, which is why they are sitting here three years later
lights on bumper do much better, or better yet on cowl