Rough Country 3"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillyJack14

Reaction score
I just put the 3" Rough Country lift on my Libby and am having some serious alignment issues. My tires are kicked way out on the bottom and I can't find anyone who can align it. Is there any way to relieve the tension on the control arms? Or did I just get a ****** lift and I'm screwed?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well for one you did install one of the worst available lifts you can install on a KJ. Not being a jerk, just not a good lift.
Even at that a good alignment shop should be able to align it within reason. They may not be able to get it dead on but good enough to have it go down the road straight and not wear the tires.
Now JeepinByAl does have aftermarket UCAs that are a tad bit longer to help with alignment issues and also to have the UBJ at a better angle.
Lots of alignment shops think there is no way to align a lifted Liberty but it can be done.
Also measure from the middle of your front wheel to the bottom of the flare to see just how much actual lift you got.
I always have to laugh at their install directions, you can tell they did not have a clue as to the best way to install one. Doing a lot of things not needed!

Last edited:

WillyJack14

Reaction score
I kind of assumed that it was a bad lift once it was installed, but the damage was done. i'm just trying to make it driveable now. thanks for the advice on the aftermarket UCA's. it looks like that is the direction I'm going to have to go

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also install some teraflex bumpstops in the front, that will help some at least ( in making the front shocks last a little longer)
Can get them directly from Teraflex or from JeepinbyAl

jeepboy3089

Reaction score
rough country 3 in lift

I had a rough country 3 in lift on for 6 months than sold it i went through 2 sets of axles new ball joints and by the time i replaced it ruined my oem springs for the front my suggestion if your going to keep it on there is get longer front struts new a arms and a set of more aggressive front springs than you will be replacing your rear springs on there with in a year go with rancho rear springs now id recommend jba lift kits i have one sitting in my garage waiting to install just waiting on my fiance to have the baby first

Members online

No members online now.