Roof cross overs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question I want to get after market roof rack cross bars any suggestions?

Edit: I am going to be carrying 2 kayaks each 45 lbs.

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can make them yourself with some galv pipe and some clamps. Use the search tab alot of guys have embarked on this task. It is well documented here on the forum.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I made some myself but honestly if you're going to be having to remove the rack often for parking garages and stuff like that, or want real locks, get Yakima or Thule ones. The DIY ones take 30 minutes or more (I use mine for a ski rack, so it takes awhile in the cold) to put on even once they're made. Measuring, tightening, loosening and going from corner to corner. I have Yakima ones for my LR3 and those are a two minute job, literally to put on. My WK has the factory ones which work great too.

DIY ones are fine if you'll be leaving them on for a bit and security isn't a big concern.

Ocelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unistrut works great too, very strong and will accept sliding spring-nuts so is super versatile.

Latest posts

Members online