Rocker panels - Worth doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew it would come to it; our rocker panels (sills if you're British) are showing through the body filler that someone had repaired them with.

Here's the question.. is it really worth replacing them? I got a quote that covers replacing the two panels and repairing a rust patch by one of the upper rear hatch hinges (I assume water was getting in the roof void from the roof rail holes).
The quote was CAN$1500 for the whole job, including spraying.

Any opinions?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot depends on how well you like the KJ,
how many miles are on it,
hows it running, ( using oil, transmission slipping)
look at what you would get out of it compared to buying another one with payments every month
For me there isn't anything else out there that I like more so I'd repair mine

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Tom said! If this were to happen to my Renegade I would do it in a heartbeat! Ive had a lot done to my Jeep lately so to me it would be worth it, What's the rest of the KJ look like? Any other spots going to need repair soon?

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than that rust she's pretty great. 132K km (82K miles) and I am religious about maintenance!

Does the price seem normal?

You must be registered for see images attach
IMG_5098 by JasonW-D, on Flickr

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean with good mileage, I would go for it but I would get a couple quotes from other places first as I do not know if that is a good deal or not.

Latest posts

Members online