rock lizard fabrications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone done business with them since they reopened under new ownership/management in january? i purchased a set of skink super sliders and i have not heard from the company since my payment went through, i have tried contacting them multiple times and none of my calls or emails have been answered, they told me the sliders would have been ready by now and that they would send a payment request for shipping once they are ready to go, but they haven't yet and the fact that they seem to be ignoring me is a bit sketchy, any input?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario is getting a refund from paypal, i know theyre getting my emails, before i gave them my money they answered every email within 5 minutes, if i dont here from them by the end of wednesday ill be getting my money back and building a set at home, i could care less if the order is delayed but being ignored after handing over 355 dollars is a bit aggrovating.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy JCR and add extra bracing/supports like the RL. would probably be cheaper in the long run

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy JCR and add extra bracing/supports like the RL. would probably be cheaper in the long run

if the sliders dont ship from rlf today im getting a refund tomorrow and then buying the jcr ones, i wish i would've known about jcr before i gave RLF my money.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was your order placed? I know if you place an order anytime after April 10'th they wil not get to it until atleast may 1'st. Maybe they still processed it when they shouldn't have I dunno .

Doesn't solve the not emailing you back on whats going on issue though. I'll usually give a place 2 weeks before I take action after ordering if I don't at the least hear something back

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i placed the order on march 29th, mary said it was no big deal being that open ordering was from april 1st through the 10th, she also said that the slider are usually completed before the end of the month , so i have been trying to contact them for the past few days and havent gottten any response back, like i said if they dont ship today im getting a refund tomorrow because this is pure BS, i have no problem waiting for a product that is built to order, but when they refuse to communicate with me and let me know whats going on since i forked over almost 400 bucks i get a little impatient.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it was done in March and still nothing, that is BS. Specially if they won't at the least respond back with some excuse or something.

I wanted those rails too. It's the first time I am actually glad I was too poor to order something. :icon_cool:

Last edited:

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario is getting a refund from paypal, i know theyre getting my emails, before i gave them my money they answered every email within 5 minutes, if i dont here from them by the end of wednesday ill be getting my money back and building a set at home, i could care less if the order is delayed but being ignored after handing over 355 dollars is a bit aggrovating.

if you are able to build your own why spend 350 + on some you can build them the way you want and cheaper. the ones that i made for my WJ i have maybe 75 bucks in them

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

i still need to build the steps just go to your local used scrap yard and get some metal

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all the skills to build them, and enough equipment to get it done, but i do not have the time to build them, and my garage is jam packed so i couldnt work inside either, i just wanted to get them and be done with it. like i said if they ship today good, if not ill get a refund

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one month? And if you checked it has been posted that this is a problem with RL. I payed and waited almost 5 months. With numerous emails and in the end a promise of 50 refund, that I never saw. And my skinks have a poor fit.
Now I'm waiting to be called a liar again, for posting this.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one month? And if you checked it has been posted that this is a problem with RL. I payed and waited almost 5 months. With numerous emails and in the end a promise of 50 refund, that I never saw. And my skinks have a poor fit.
Now I'm waiting to be called a liar again, for posting this.

did you pay with paypal? im not talking about a return, im just going to contact paypal and tell them to give me my money back because this is total bs.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least if you build them yourself you can say its your own work. That's why I like my KJ project. There is not much out there for them so I have to build everything myself from all the longarms to the bumper mounts. It's nice to say its all mine. I have faith in you.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking once iget my money back ill be investing in either a plasma cutter or a tig welder...or wait a while and get a nice all in one machine and sell my 220 machine, but after my experience so far i would strongly advise people to avoid RLF, it seems that they got their name out their by doing great work for a few big names in the kj and xj communities, i understand the struggles the original owner faced, but the new owners get no sympathy from me. i just wish i had a garage to work in lol

Latest posts

Members online