Ringing like a bell sound turns into loud clunking sounds and whole truck limps from passenger right side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burnzomatic

Reaction score
So i have a length of drive activated problem , i tryed several times staying close to home to get the jeep to act up . But it would work fine , finally i took a 24km drive in the last km. It started to act up bad and loudly , at about 12 km it started witha faint inconsistently timed ringing noise. I use my power windows to block noise from the four different quadrants of the jeep. I could not hear it at all on the driver side. And it was quite faint on the passenger rear. But with the passenger front window open I could hear it quite clearly. After 12 km on my drive the ringing noise slowly and gradually got louder and louder and louder. While the ringing noise is in play there was no adverse effects to driving performance or control. On the approach to my driveway. With clutch in or out it did not matter the clunking noise became a limp and loud thumping happened I was still able to drive and did not require any extra throttle. The ringing noise on the other hand maybe a separate problem . It seems to be clutch related. As well as acceleration related as long as I keep a little torque on the clutch while driving there is no ringing noise. But when I slack off on the gas say to slow down or decelerate around the corner the ringing noise starts but if I push the clutch in it goes away. It does not happen while I'm accelerating froma stop normally. Now if I push the Jeep past the thunking while slowing down I got a constant vibration the first time I noticed this all the way home which is about 40 km drive. I was worried I was not going to make it with the way it was thunking ringing and acting up but I did and it's been parked now for a month in my driveway. I've started it and moved it almost every day to keep things lubricated and every time it never has any issues. On weekends I've tried several times to take it down to my community Hall about a kilometer long drive one way. Where I will do figure eights or any other number of test to try and make it act up but it never can at that short of a distance. . This is my first 4x4 that I've had that wasn't brand new. I've never had a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive vehicle have anything like this happen. So I'm thinking it must be something to do with the four-wheel drive system. I did take the plug out of the transfer case and check for fluid while it does need to be changed it is full and not leaking

Burnzomatic

Reaction score
Throw out bearing
Thanks for the idea , how exactly would this affect the right front wheel alone ? It might account for the ringing noise. But would the throw out bearing not make nose all the time wjen pressing and depressing the clutch? Not just when wheels are moving ( also even with engine off and rolling down the hill it does the thunk)? the trany is center of the vehicle would i not here it equally on the front end not just one side window? Like i said before maybe the two aren't related. I just dont have any of the other symptoms of the that bearing being bad shifts fine clutch works fine no difference in pressure fluids are good . Ill keep it in mind but i think its more axel,wheel bearing area , i am more concerned with the thunking and limp type effect coming from solely the right front wheel. if it is the throw out bearing its down definitely for the rest of winter im not taking that out and -30c in my snowy driveway lol ( it wasn't this cold when it started this )

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well since you have now added more info
But sounds carry and when you think its one place actually it is another
Also check the rear boot on the front drive shaft for the ringing noise
If it is gone they will sometimes cause a ringing noise
Right front wheel is more than likely the CV (buy a rebuilt one from NAPA ) and also the intermediate shaft

Burnzomatic

Reaction score
The cv axel was my first though but boots are ok and i did then botha year and half ago . Another note this happend after switching out of 4x4 one day while in town it started grabbing on tight corners so i switched out immediately its started all these noises. And the clunking was way worse the first time my theory is maybe its something to do with the 4x4 engagement maybe it doest fully come out or go in but I've only worked on cars only 4x4 before this was brand new ram so never needed anything foxed while i had it so idk if thats a thing or not ,id like to gather as many ideas before i jack it up being on hard pack of snow witha side slanted parking spot this situation can be dangerous so id like to do it as little as possible i definitely will be checking the cvagain ball joints and all that probably ill take the wheel off this time as its pretty heavy and might weight down the cv axel to not make it loose.

Mirki

Reaction score
Dakle, imam problem s aktiviranjem duge vožnje, pokušao sam nekoliko puta ostati blizu kuće kako bih natjerao džip da se ponaša. Ali radilo bi dobro, konačno sam vozio 24 km u zadnjem kilometru. Počeo je djelovati loše i glasno, na oko 12 km počeo je sa slabašnim nedosljednim zvukom zvonjave. Koristim svoje električne prozore da blokiram buku iz četiri različita kvadranta džipa. Nisam to uopće mogao čuti s vozačeve strane. A na stražnjem dijelu suvozača bilo je prilično slabo. Ali s otvorenim suvozačevim prozorom mogao sam to sasvim jasno čuti. Nakon 12 km moje vožnje zvonjava je polako i postupno postajala sve glasnija i glasnija. Dok je zvuk zvona bio u igri, nije bilo štetnih učinaka na performanse vožnje ili kontrolu. Na prilazu mom prilazu. S uključenom ili isključenom spojkom nije bilo važno zveketanje je postalo mlohavo i dogodilo se glasno lupanje. I dalje sam mogao voziti i nije mi bio potreban dodatni gas. S druge strane, zvuk zvona možda je poseban problem. Čini se da je to povezano sa spojkom. Kao i za ubrzanje, sve dok držim malo okretnog momenta na spojki tijekom vožnje nema zvuka zvona. Ali kad popustim na gasu, kažem da usporim ili usporim iza ugla, počinje zvonjava, ali ako pritisnem kvačilo, nestaje. To se ne događa dok normalno ubrzavam sa zaustavljanja. Sada, ako gurnem Jeep pored lupanje dok usporavam, dobio sam stalnu vibraciju prvi put kada sam to primijetio cijelim putem do kuće što je oko 40 km vožnje. Bio sam zabrinut da neću uspjeti s načinom na koji je zvonio i ponašao se, ali jesam i sada je parkiran mjesec dana na mom prilazu. Pokrenuo sam ga i premještao ga gotovo svaki dan kako bi stvari bile podmazane i svaki put nikad nema problema. Vikendom sam ga nekoliko puta pokušao odnijeti u svoju društvenu dvoranu, otprilike kilometar dugu vožnju u jednom smjeru. Gdje ću napraviti osmice ili bilo koji drugi broj testova kako bih ga pokušao natjerati da djeluje, ali nikad ne može na tako maloj udaljenosti. . Ovo je moj prvi 4x4 koji nije bio potpuno nov. Nikada mi se takvo što nije dogodilo s prednjim pogonom ili stražnjim pogonom. Tako da mislim da to mora biti nešto povezano sa sustavom pogona na četiri kotača.

Mirki

Reaction score
Engine mounts need to be replaced. That's why the bell rings.
52129011AC, 52129374AB

Latest posts

Members online