Rims and tires with pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom is right ... It's hard to wait but that is what I did ... then when your ready, do it all (lift n tires) at once.

Get some plasti dip and spruce up your stock rims grab a good AT tire 245-70-16 or less and stuff your cash away until you reach $2500.

Ive got money for rims n tires so why not get some 16" cragar soft 8s now or will the 4"bs cause rubbing cuz im unlifted?

tires will be 245/70/16 or 235/70/16

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive got money for rims n tires so why not get some 16" cragar soft 8s now or will the 4"bs cause rubbing cuz im unlifted?

tires will be 245/70/16 or 235/70/16

Unlifted and sagged springs you will have issues with rubbing with 4 inches of backspacing Just buy tires now 245-70s , and wait until lifted etc

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlifted and sagged springs you will have issues with rubbing with 4 inches of backspacing Just buy tires now 245-70s , and wait until lifted etc

Ugh Tom your bursting my bubble aha but its better to do it right the first time rather than do it twice...

So looks like Im gonna get 245/70/16 destination ats and Ill clean up my stock rims n then black plastidip n gloss them! Anyone have any tips on cleaning up stock rims before plastidipping, I dont have a sandblaster at my disposal.. :disgust:

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean them normally and then plasti-dip them. That's what I did and they looked great. Held up perfectly for the several months I used them before lifting my KJ and upgrading to 245/75r16s on Soft 8s.

Before:
3506-after-getting-front-windows-tinted-match-rear-factory-tints.jpg

After:
3539-22-center-hub-fender.jpg

3544-beast.jpg

3543-tough.jpg

Last edited:

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean them normally and then plasti-dip them. That's what I did and they looked great. Held up perfectly for the several months I used them before lifting my KJ and upgrading to 245/75r16s on Soft 8s.

Before:
3506-after-getting-front-windows-tinted-match-rear-factory-tints.jpg

After:
3539-22-center-hub-fender.jpg

3544-beast.jpg

3543-tough.jpg

Ah I want those cragars, is there a way to turn the 4" backspacing on them into 5.5" cuz I'm unlifted right now

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah I want those cragars, is there a way to turn the 4" backspacing on them into 5.5" cuz I'm unlifted right now

No way to turn them
and think of this everyone and their brother has Soft 8s anymore
be different and they don't give you 500 horsepower like some claim

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way to turn them
and think of this everyone and their brother has Soft 8s anymore
be different and they don't give you 500 horsepower like some claim

aha 500hp :happy175: I wish, well Im getting tires now n trying to find renegade flares so by the time I do lift n rims Ill prolly have changed my mind

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys the op is 21 years old he is worried about looks
not how well it functions
It goes back to my TJ
Flares beat to hell
Free wheels ,stock TJ wheels
Wrapped in what would cost over $1000 in tires
and $600 give or take in shocks

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys the op is 21 years old he is worried about looks
not how well it functions
It goes back to my TJ
Flares beat to hell
Free wheels ,stock TJ wheels
Wrapped in what would cost over $1000 in tires
and $600 give or take in shocks

Im worried about both, the flares cost like 250 while a lift is 750 and I dont have that money sitting around cuz I'm buying new tires right now

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say lift first. Put your tires and rims and everything on hold. Get the lift done, and then you can get the tires, wheels etc. that you really want. Why spend money on 245-70's when you will probably get rid of them before they're worn because you'll most likely want bigger tires after it's lifted.

I was thinking the same way about my mods...I don't have the money to do what I really want, so I'll just do cheap things like lights, and new stock size tires for now. But I decided to forget about new tires for the time being...spent that money on the lift. I'll run the stock tires for a little longer and then in a month or two when I save a little more I'll do the tires too and have what I really wanted to begin with. Gotta build the foundation before you can put the house on it.

and I agree with Tom about the soft 8's...Everyone has them, do something original

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I say lift first. Put your tires and rims and everything on hold. Get the lift done, and then you can get the tires, wheels etc. that you really want. Why spend money on 245-70's when you will probably get rid of them before they're worn because you'll most likely want bigger tires after it's lifted.

I was thinking the same way about my mods...I don't have the money to do what I really want, so I'll just do cheap things like lights, and new stock size tires for now. But I decided to forget about new tires for the time being...spent that money on the lift. I'll run the stock tires for a little longer and then in a month or two when I save a little more I'll do the tires too and have what I really wanted to begin with. Gotta build the foundation before you can put the house on it.

and I agree with Tom about the soft 8's...Everyone has them, do something original

Well said.

Im worried about both, the flares cost like 250 while a lift is 750 and I dont have that money sitting around cuz I'm buying new tires right now

$250.00 for Renagade flares. Now add the price of tires and if you are buying real tires. The price of both is the same amount as a lift, then everything else comes later.
What are your plans for your jeep?
Are you just a city driver who never goes off road and just wants a "Street Jeep" and just the looks? Or are you going to use your Liberty for off roading?

Do it right the first time and you won't waste your money.
That's my only real advice to anybody building up their Liberty.
But if you are only about the looks of a cool rig instead of owning a real rig...

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright Im gonna forget about the flares for now and see what I can do about the tire/lift situaiton cause I need new tires before winter and Im not sure I can afford both. And Im just gonna paint my stock wheels