Rim color options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many different color options are available for this rim? (see ebay link) I bought this rim on ebay thinking it would match mine and I swear it isn't the same color. My Renegade color, per my build sheet is "Dk. Khaki Pearl Coat", it says I have the "16X7.0 Aluminum Wheels". My wheels in my opinion matched the paint. But the new one, the seller told me he thought they where like charcoal grayish. The new wheel (in the link) looks different shade than my wheels. Could it be because mine are on the vehicle with the tires and the shiny openess of the new unmounted wheel is giving it a color difference to the naked eye. I guess my question after all the babble is how many different color options were these rims available in? It is a true Jeep wheel, it has numbers and everything on the back. I tried to check mine, but I can't read my numbers. Here is the link to ebay since I could't just link up the pic. Thanks for your help guys...and any girls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...name=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=#ebayphotohosting

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels look more of a lighter shade of gray. Granted they would look good on your Rene. but they don't look as dark as your Rene.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those do look lighter....maybe it's just the lighting. If you get those, just don't clean them!!!:D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I think it is just your eyes playin' tricks on ya... kopkrab.gif

I'm pretty sure we have the same model. If this is your Libby .... then that is the right wheel (in your link). They match the flares more so than the Dk Khaki. The studio lighting in the ebay shot is the culprit.

attachment.php

Hope that helps ...

Last edited:

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well holding the rim up to the mounted ones and it looks lighter. I did see some numbers on back, almost like a vin and I was able to match what I could to what it on my rims and they do in fact have the same numbers. Maybe they are part numbers or something, I dunno. I do think the one I bought seems lighter, but it could be either due to it comes from somewhere where it had more sun fade, or mine darkened due to dirt over the years. When I get a chance I will take a pic with my camera of the rim next to my mounted rims and see what everyone thinks.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics of the rim next to the mouted rim and tire.

Attachments

• DSC01153.jpg
    DSC01153.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01152.jpg
    DSC01152.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01151.jpg
    DSC01151.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of were I found the numbers that match my current rims. I'm still not convinced are the same.

Attachments

• DSC01154.jpg
    DSC01154.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 8

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, the more I look at my own pics, the first pic (the zoomed in with the new rim on the left) the picture makes the color difference look worse than it is. The rim was angled upward to get a good pic, but it made the illusion worse. I am besides myself with this. Do I just mount a tire and slap it on the back as the intended spare or do I look for someone to buy it, for what I paid, and look for another? Ugh!!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
LOL ... ya the lighting is screwing up my analysis aswell.

According to a very un-scientific colour match via Photoshop, using the third shot, they are VERY close. I'm afraid unless you had them under the exact same light in a booth, it is not a fair comparison. Of course that is good news for you since this is your new spare rim, no one will ever notice!

Cheers,

Members online