Rim and tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Also why we ask is due to you thinking because RC advertises it as 2.5 inch that is what you have,
BUT
That is with brand new springs and shocks, not with ones that are already sagged and will continue to sag more over time
Had one that sagged an inch in less than a year after he installed a spacer lift
Ok I guess I will Have to replace the springs and shocks in the near future but do you think I am going to have problems running the rims and tires for now

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lift and tires are already installed, right? I would take it to a parking lot and try tight turns, left and right, moving both forward and back. Hopefully no rubbing. If it does rub, it will most likely be along the pinch weld. See this post for a description of how to flatten it down and give your tires a bit more room.

https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/how-to-pound-pinch-welds-stop-fender-rubbing.34295/

Off-road rubbing on the top of the fenders while off camber is a different issue.

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Lift and tires are already installed, right? I would take it to a parking lot and try tight turns, left and right, moving both forward and back. Hopefully no rubbing. If it does rub, it will most likely be along the pinch weld. See this post for a description of how to flatten it down and give your tires a bit more room.

https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/how-to-pound-pinch-welds-stop-fender-rubbing.34295/

Off-road rubbing on the top of the fenders while off camber is a different issue.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Be sure that they install longer front bump stops (Teraflex makes them) with the lift, as well as bump stops in the rear also. (Most people bolt hockey pucks down to the lower spring perch because it’s cheap and effective.) The bump stops will prevent fender rubbing while articulating the suspension, as I mentioned above.

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Ok. Be sure that they install longer front bump stops (Teraflex makes them) with the lift, as well as bump stops in the rear also. (Most people bolt hockey pucks down to the lower spring perch because it’s cheap and effective.) The bump stops will prevent fender rubbing while articulating the suspension, as I mentioned above.
Ok thanks

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Lift I installed already

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the wheel backspacing comes into play a lot
When using an 8 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing you can pretty much stuff the tire wheel combo up somewhat in the rear wheelwell
BUT since the wheels you chose are more like 4 inches backspacing, they will stick out more
Where most times 2 inches ( 2 hockey pucks per side ) will work great you will have to go to 3 or maybe more, then likely you may still have some issues when off camber
which cuts down rear flex a good bit

Good way to make sure is with tire and wheel combo mounted on, shock removed, jack up one rear wheel, when it touches the flare bring it back down some, then measure distance between the stock bumpstop and the lower spring perch. Add that much spacer . Of course with the RC spacer kit, what did they give you for the rear lift ?

Just keep after your lift, keep measuring over every two-three months just to make sure it does not come down and start rubbing on your tires, front will be the worst and first to go

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Lift I installed already
When using an 8 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing you can pretty much stuff the tire wheel combo up somewhat in the rear wheelwell
BUT since the wheels you chose are more like 4 inches backspacing, they will stick out more
Where most times 2 inches ( 2 hockey pucks per side ) will work great you will have to go to 3 or maybe more, then likely you may still have some issues when off camber

Good way to make sure is with tire and wheel combo mounted on, shock removed, jack up one rear wheel, when it touches the flare bring it back down some, then measure distance between the stock bumpstop and the lower spring perch. Add that much spacer . Of course with the RC spacer kit, what did they give you for the rear lift ?

Just keep after your lift, keep measuring over every two-three months just to make sure it does not come down and start rubbing on your tires, front will be the worst and first to go
ok buddy thanks allot for the info

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score

Hey bud had my tires and rims installed I have a bit of rubbing when I turn by the bootom back of wheel well looks like I can hit it with a hammer or something to push back a bit any advice?

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
@tommudd any advise my front tires rub a bit on turn in the bootom rear well looks like I can hammer in a bit to give the clearance any advice?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pinch weld area or ??
If when fully turned and inside the rear, little heat and push back in