Rim and tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
So recently I installed a RC 2.5 lift in my kk which gave me a 35” height in the back and 34” in the front
I’m looking to go with a 16x8 rim but I’m having a hard time figuring out what offset and tire I should go with
Was thinking of a 31x10.5x16? Any advice especially in the off set I want that aggressive kinda look any help would be appreciated thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
FIRST THING, the numbers you provided mean nothing to anyone but you
SECOND, measure left front on level ground , middle of the wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of the flare and report back
IF, you have at least 2.5 inches over new stock height you can run an 8 inch wheel with 5 inches of backspacing
With spacer lifts you get between maybe 1/2 inch to 2.5 inches depending on condition of springs, miles on your Jeep
also KJ or KK?? You have a KK right ?
if you have 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height you can run 265-70-16s ( which is the same size as 31...............

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
FIRST THING, the numbers you provided mean nothing to anyone but you
SECOND, measure left front on level ground , middle of the wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of the flare and report back
IF, you have at least 2.5 inches over new stock height you can run an 8 inch wheel with 5 inches of backspacing
With spacer lifts you get between maybe 1/2 inch to 2.5 inches depending on condition of springs, miles on your Jeep
also KJ or KK?? You have a KK right ?
if you have 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height you can run 265-70-16s ( which is the same size as 31...............
Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
measure
I want to know how much lift you actually got with the spacer lift

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
So do I measure from the center of the wheel through the edge of the wheel well?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Through the edge ????
From center of the hub to the lower portin of the flare, straight line from point A, center of hub , to Point B, bottom edge of the flare

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock for the KK out the factory door was 18” in front and 19” in rear. Looks like you got 2” of lift.

The reason we ask people to measure lift (or sag) this way is that it is comparable regardless of what tire size is being run.

Fer Trujillo

Reaction score
Stock for the KK out the factory door was 18” in front and 19” in rear. Looks like you got 2” of lift.

The reason we ask people to measure lift (or sag) this way is that it is comparable regardless of what tire size is being run.
Should I have any problem running this tires and the rims

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tire size is ok for a 2” lift. Not sure about the offset. The tires must stick out past the wheel wells if I understand correctly how offset works. Is that 10” or 10 cm of offset? If the wheel is only 7 or 8 inches wide, how does one get a 10” offset?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
should of been a +12 offset
+10 is not ideal, will or should say does stick out a bit further than what most like

Plus you'll have to run more bumpstop in the rear as well to compensate

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
should of been a +12 offset
+10 is not ideal, will or should say does stick out a bit further than what most like

Plus you'll have to run more bumpstop in the rear as well to compensate
Thanks Tom. I defer to your experience on this one. I’m running stock 08 KK wheels.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also why we ask is due to you thinking because RC advertises it as 2.5 inch that is what you have,
BUT
That is with brand new springs and shocks, not with ones that are already sagged and will continue to sag more over time
Had one that sagged an inch in less than a year after he installed a spacer lift