Ride report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocknrollin

Reaction score
Having 6 weeks on the lift install I figured it was time for a review. I ordered an OME 1 1/2" from JBA, the bilstiens that I wanted to run were on a 5 week backorder, and me being really patient I went with the OME shocks instead. Also ordered JBA 4.5 upper arms, top plates, upper rear isolaters. Install was a breeze, and done by myself including front strut assembly in 6 hours, then off to alignment shop where the tech had to open the lower controll arm mounting holes about 1/8" to get where he was happy with the alignment. I have 22 1/2"from front and rear. The 245-75-16 ST-Maxx fit with good clearance, and the ride is smoother than I would ever have thought possible from a short wheelbase 4x4. I live 4.7 miles down a roller coaster, potholled, 55mph road, and I can make it with a full cup of coffee. I can run off or up a curb and hardly notice. It is better planted around corners. This is by far, in all my years of 4x4 vehicle ownership, the best suspension upgrade to date. The bump and recovery as well as travel, I am impressed

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hear ya on the coffee thing....that was a huge factor for me. :D

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome R 'n R! :icon_lol:

Your experience is the same as mine. I still need to install the JBA 4.5 control arms but even so folks who ride in mine are surprised at how well it rides (especially those who have to put effort to climb up into it; they think since "it's so high" that it'll ride rough. Not!)

Thanks for the report - now we need pictures! :smokin:

Bob

Members online

No members online now.