Ride Hight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When a stock liberty is sitting on the ground with fresh STOCK level springs, will the front drive shafts be level to the ground?

Edit: Axle shafts, not drive shafts :(. sorry

Last edited:

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front drive shaft angle does not change with up and down hight of the front

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sorry, I meant Axle shafts, not drive shafts. I relize the drive shaft angle does not change by ride height.

on a stock height liberty that has not sacked out the springs, will the front axle shafts be level to the ground?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL been so long since I have seen a stock height KJ I honestly forget
Either they are lifted or sagged like Grandma

Easy way to tell, jack it up till its at 19 inches , center of wheel to bottom of the flare, that is what I would do
throw floor jack under the transfer case / transmission cross member

Last edited:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 has fresh shocks and stock springs all around,sits at 19" and the axles are level. +/- a degree or two.

Gyro

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 has fresh shocks and stock springs all around,sits at 19" and the axles are level. +/- a degree or two.

Gyro

Thanks. I been measuring 18" to outside lip of fender, and I bet inside is 1/2 lower. So I may be sacked out almost 2" :(.
I guess fixing this before I buy (stock size) tires is my next move. I can use that extra 2" in the sand this fall

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I been measuring 18" to outside lip of fender, and I bet inside is 1/2 lower. So I may be sacked out almost 2" :(.
I guess fixing this before I buy (stock size) tires is my next move. I can use that extra 2" in the sand this fall

Unless your tires are bald and unsafe, I'd for sure recommend taking care of the worn out suspension before doing tire replacements or upgrades. The worn and weak suspension does more harm than just making a KJ look like a Jeep Patriot thanks to the ride-height.

Worn suspension on a 4000lb brick like the KJ makes it handle awkwardly, wallowing in corners, does not absorb impacts from road conditions anywhere near as well; those added forces put a lot strain on other components.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless your tires are bald and unsafe, I'd for sure recommend taking care of the worn out suspension before doing tire replacements or upgrades. The worn and weak suspension does more harm than just making a KJ look like a Jeep Patriot thanks to the ride-height.

Worn suspension on a 4000lb brick like the KJ makes it handle awkwardly, wallowing in corners, does not absorb impacts from road conditions anywhere near as well; those added forces put a lot strain on other components.

^^^^^^
so true, stock suspension when brand new was so bad , then add a few thousand miles , REALLY bad trying to drive one down the road.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^
so true, stock suspension when brand new was so bad , then add a few thousand miles , REALLY bad trying to drive one down the road.

I'm more upset about being mistaken for a Patriot or Compass on the road! LOL