Rhino Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone rhino lined there rims? I saw a post of a liberty with rhino lined hood and front grill. it looked awesome. I eventually want to rhino line my stainless steel step bars and chrome rims. .any thoughts?

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be really cool.

I would worry about heat and any build-up on the inside of the rim interfering with the brakes. To be honest, I have never even thought of doing that to the rims. Your best bet may be to call a few places around you that apply the product, they should know more about their product.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to do chrome rims, I doubt the Rhino lining would stick. The surface has to be roughed up so that the liner has something to adhere to. A better bet for your rims would be powder coating them.
Powder coat is inexpensive, durable, will not throw your wheels out of balance, and IMO would look better on wheels.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
If you are trying to do chrome rims, I doubt the Rhino lining would stick. The surface has to be roughed up so that the liner has something to adhere to. A better bet for your rims would be powder coating them.
Powder coat is inexpensive, durable, will not throw your wheels out of balance, and IMO would look better on wheels.

X2!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love to stir the pot so.... dosnt Digger have his wheels bedlined too? I can see if you put a rediculous coat on the tires and didnt do a good job on them and having them be slightly out of balance, if it was out of balance all you got to do is get them balanced. i dont think it would seriously unbalance the wheels even if you didnt get them rebalanced. I might just have to try this on my spare rims with some spray bedliner, i got a buddy that can rebalance them for free and tell me for a fact just what kinda difference in balance the bedliner makes.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love to stir the pot so.... dosnt Digger have his wheels bedlined too? I can see if you put a rediculous coat on the tires and didnt do a good job on them and having them be slightly out of balance, if it was out of balance all you got to do is get them balanced. i dont think it would seriously unbalance the wheels even if you didnt get them rebalanced. I might just have to try this on my spare rims with some spray bedliner, i got a buddy that can rebalance them for free and tell me for a fact just what kinda difference in balance the bedliner makes.
Nope Digger does not have bedliner on his rims.The amount of weight needed to balance them would be,well you'd have about 20-30oz's of weights using LineX or actual Rhino Liner,that's about 2lbs more weight you don't need.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
I wouldn't do the wheels. Seems the heat would wreak havock on them...

I've been wanting to to my roof...it's super scratched up from using the rack so much...,under my doors where the black plastic crap is, and also on top of the rear bumper. That black plastic piece drives me nuts...it always looks dirty.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow this thread took off.....

i have read in some jeep wrangler forums that it has been done. I have seen motorcycle rims rhino lined. so i know it has been done and driven on. What I hear is that if it is kept clean (sprayed off) regularly, it will look awesome year round and is very durable. If it isnt kept clean to begin with it looks like crap. The rims should be sand blasted first to get them rough enough, or a heavy grit sand paper should be used.

Powercoat is definitely another option to get the same color from the rims. I still think I am eventually gonna powdercoat the step bars and front grill though.

TWACK.....let me know how the spare works out....I thought of doing my spare too, but wanted to hear if some one in this forum did it first.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TWACK.....let me know how the spare works out....I thought of doing my spare too, but wanted to hear if some one in this forum did it first.

i got a whole spare set of wheels and tires to try this on. They were spray painted black already so its not like im downgrading them