rhino line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjeepin

Reaction score
i have an 06 renegade and i have been think about getting all of the plastic lined, if anyone can post pictures of your lined kj or ones youve seen thatd be useful.

Thanks

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got mine back from my work. i got the bottom of the doors and the rockers covered since they were rusty. i will post pics tomorrow when its light. in a week or so i will be doing my roof and wheels to for scratch proof ability. i would not bother covering plastic as it wont rust and it flexes a lot and is cheap to fix. metal is not. just my opinion.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bedline the wheels,bad idea and bad vibes no matter what.

My KJ,beltline bedlined and roof.Mine is a Limited so was easy to spray the flares as they came painted already.Royal pain for the un-painted sport flares.

You must be registered for see images attach

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

werd. I thought about picking up some Limited flares and bumpers from a pick-n-pull (or several - they don't need to match color or be perfect, can mix 'n match), but the bummer is I like the Sport front bumper much better than the Limited.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My friend Chris has had his Line-Xd for about 5 years now with no problems with it coming off, looks as good today as it did back when it was done
his is the one on the right

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend Chris has had his Line-Xd for about 5 years now with no problems with it coming off, looks as good today as it did back when it was done
his is the one on the right

Tom - do you know what kind of prep was done? Any type of adhesion promoter, etc?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I know I said that "Sport" flares are not conducive to holding bed lining properly.
But almost any high quality adhesion promoter should work at getting bed liner to them stick Kevin.
Other than changing colour, why would you want to bed line "Sport" flares?
The cool thing about "Sport" flares is you can literally buff out most trail rash
with some steel wool without messing up the factory rough/pebbled texture/finish.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look, plus I just feel like it'd be a no-maintenance item then. It's a good point though - I could just do the body sides and the roof and call it a day.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can wait on it then you may be able to
make a deal like my bro. Did with his YJ
He removed the flairs ,looked just like KJ sport flairs
as far as materials and texture
brought them to the place that sprays truck beds
and simply asked that they spray them next time they
spay a truck
$20 and a week later
That was 7 years ago

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a renegade with the textured plastic bumpers and flares. Sanded them, cleaned them, and used Herculiner on them. Looks great and gets compliments from almost every single person that has seen the Jeep. I even took it to a few shops to get estimates on my tailgate damage and those guys loved it. No problems with it sticking for me...other than a small part on the front bumper where I smashed into something. will take about 5 seconds to touch up.
Here is a pic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online