request support about lack of water in engine cooling system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

can

Reaction score
hello All
my vheicle is 2005 liberty with 2.8 crd engine ( my vheiche is just 70.000km )
my problem is, after 3000-4000 km, I 'm adding 1 liters water to the boiler cup... ı can not find the where the water leakage is?...
Could you please share with me the common possible reasons of this problem about this problem...
thanks,

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will let the Experts chip in here!

One small thing I did find on my 2002 Export CRD though:

The plastic filler container has a small sensor underneath that signals "Low Coolant" if the level gets too low. The two wires coming out of this Sensor exit the container underneath via a rubber grommet.....this was leaking slightly on my Jeep! o_O

read6737

Reaction score
My CRD did the same check to see if white smoke is coming out of exhaust on cold start up.
mine lost water at a very slow rate for 2 years till finally it got very bad very very quickly with loads of steam. I used steel seal too fix it it and it works.
I too could not see a leek till it was so bad, use to to see a little smoke at start just thought engine getting old etc, no nothing at all at cold start.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Start your cold engine and let it idle for a minute; then turn it off and remove the coolant cap. If it burps pressure you probably have a leaking head gasket.

There are also a lot of small hoses around the thermostat that can leak without showing.

Check the weep hole on your waterpump too. The waterpump is driven by the timing belt so it can cause damage to the valvetrain if it seizes up.

Unclebob9

Reaction score
hello All
my vheicle is 2005 liberty with 2.8 crd engine ( my vheiche is just 70.000km )
my problem is, after 3000-4000 km, I 'm adding 1 liters water to the boiler cup... ı can not find the where the water leakage is?...
Could you please share with me the common possible reasons of this problem about this problem...
thanks,
If you are REALY lucky, it might just be a bad radiator cap.

Latest posts

Members online