engine high noise 2005 2.8 crd liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

can

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 2005 cherokee limited 2.8 crd. it is just at 80.000 km.

There's a bad sound that has been bothering me since I got it.
especially when the engine cold the noise that comes from the engine side is higher...

when the vehicle shift to second gear at 1200 - 1300 rpm, I 'm hearing different bad noise / vibration from the engine side..
I have replaced the engine mounts, gear box mount with the original new parts , ı checked the exhaust parts but nothing has changed...
My mechanic thinks that the engine is old generation and heavy, vibrating and this sound is normal.
Please share with me your comment about 2.8 crd engine..
is it cause this kind of problem??

thanks,
can

Kawika

Reaction score
It is the Transmission.
CRD's that came to America had a gasser ****** and had insufficient press. at low RPMs to operate correctly.
It cost 7500$ to completely rebuild the ****** with higher pressure pump, better solenoids etc.
Got 160,000 miles on it and it is the garage and I drive it several times a month.
It is fun to drive compared to my F-150 like a little sports car.
I've had it since it had 15 miles on it and still love it.
Was steep at the time but i expect to get the 300,000 + miles you can get out of that vehicle and I don't want the ****** falling apart on the way to that #.

Flowerpot46

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 2005 cherokee limited 2.8 crd. it is just at 80.000 km.

There's a bad sound that has been bothering me since I got it.
especially when the engine cold the noise that comes from the engine side is higher...

when the vehicle shift to second gear at 1200 - 1300 rpm, I 'm hearing different bad noise / vibration from the engine side..
I have replaced the engine mounts, gear box mount with the original new parts , ı checked the exhaust parts but nothing has changed...
My mechanic thinks that the engine is old generation and heavy, vibrating and this sound is normal.
Please share with me your comment about 2.8 crd engine..
is it cause this kind of problem??

thanks,
can
Hi there
No mine is when I am on the motorway and reach speeds of 50 and above ,since taken advice and it could be the turbo
Thanks
Billy

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Could be torque converter shuddering. Suncoast is the best replacement. There's also an updated transmission oil pump and a Trans-go shift kit that are popular. I have the same year and I've only felt a little shudder in first gear a few times. I haven't done any work to mine other than a fluid/filters change.

Jeep's response to the torque converters self destruction was the F27 retune which backed torque and subtracted 4 miles per gallon. Known as the "dreaded F27 reflash".

Or maybe something else.