Replacing inner tie rod end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sioux_KJ

Reaction score
When i got new tires on the place said that my inner tie rod on the driver side needed to be replaced, they said they could do if for $300. i said no thanks pal. I've found cheaper prices around town but i am tight on cash and am looking to tackle it myself. anyone have some experience in this specific area? how tough is it? any special tools required? how long will it take? thanks.

Sioux_KJ

Reaction score
i would be taking it to a shop to get the alignment done.
how difficult are the outer tie rods and do they require any special tools?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Same as any other tie rod end out there , count your threads coming off and install new one back as close as possible, then get alignment
I guess I should ask if you have ever cheanged one out before and have you even looked at the ones on the KJ, If so you could easily see what needs done

Sioux_KJ

Reaction score
i've only seen it online and looking under my jeep real quick. it doesn't look difficult but i wanted to check before getting into the project. a guy on facebook said i have to replace the whole steering rack? and also take out the front differential? not too sure if it would be that intensive. thanks for the advice.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't havr to replace the whole steering rack either to replace the inner tie rods
slide the boot back and you can see how it all goes together