replacing dash speakers? remote wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotgigaflops

Reaction score
I just picked up a new set of 3.5" speakers for my dash. Then I got to reading about this factory amp thing and having its own crossover.

I have a 03 liberty limited, 6 speakers and the in dash changer. I have yet to open a door panel but you think I have the amps in the doors?

And I am installing an subwoofer and will still be using the factory head unit. I assume the unit has no RCA jacks so I will have to use high level inputs. I guess the back door speakers will be the best place to find the signal I need? I am a little worried about running wire in to the doors because of the b pillar trim, I hope it just pops off.

Also I need to hook up the remote wire to turn the amp on, is there something like a power antenna wire or the factory amp power wire?

any advice would be appreciated.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the premium speakers? If so there is an amp attached to each of the front door speakers.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
billforde said:
Do you have the premium speakers? If so there is an amp attached to each of the front door speakers.

x2

Yea. did u get the "premium" speaker package? Look at your window sticker to see.. if so there attached to speakers in the front doors.