Replace The factor Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local audio shop is having a big sale and i want to replace all my speakers. What are the dimensions of them? I have checked the whole electronics section and found the doors are 6.5"? for the back too? The dash speakers are 2 something? Are those all of the speakers? Dont have premium package.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked sounddomain.com and they say that 3-1/2" for the dash, and 6-1/2" for the doors (front and back).

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the factory tweets (the ones in the dash) are 1.5"-ish.

Don't really remember, I haven't swapped them out yet.

SQLiberty, Billforde; maybe even jeepster would know though.

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks

i'm gonna go with the 3.5 and 6.5. is it worth replacing the 3.5 in-dash with straight replacements or would you rather go with some tweeters?

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so....

so if i wanted to replace my indash tweeters, i can buy 1" or 1.5" ?? i think im just gonna take my dash apart and find out.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a 6.5 in the doors front and back. I put a component set up front that had a 1 inch tweeter. 3.5 will not fit for sure with out cutting.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sqliberty said:
It is a 6.5 in the doors front and back. I put a component set up front that had a 1 inch tweeter. 3.5 will not fit for sure with out cutting.
Unless you put them in place of the vents (whistle)
You must be registered for see images attach

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vents eh?

how hard was that? what happens when you turn on your vents, does air still come out?

how did you paint your trim pieces? sand paper then spraypaint?

what are all those lil button things by your speakers.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: vents eh?

ender00 said:
how hard was that? what happens when you turn on your vents, does air still come out?

Removing the grill isnt too hard. Getting the speaker to sit in there properly was a different story. The speakers had an outer ridge that i had to sand down. A little air does come out from around the speakers, but not much. I survived the 100+ degree weather we had with just the side vents without a problem.

Yep, i did sand paper then spraypaint the trim. I used krylon paint for plastic. I am going to repaint the trim to match the exterior color (silver) when I have time.

The two leds and two buttons are the power/reset buttons for my pc (see pic). I am currently replacing it with the sony ux180p.

You must be registered for see images attach

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i c

how did u fasten the speakers inside there, glue or silicon? would it work for the side vents too, prolly i assume. just wondering if the middle vents would cool/heat better than the sides.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: i c

ender00 said:
how did u fasten the speakers inside there, glue or silicon? would it work for the side vents too, prolly i assume. just wondering if the middle vents would cool/heat better than the sides.
Right now they are held in by just friction. The side vents are the same size, so it should work. Since i decided to do 7.1 sound, i had to use the center vents as my center channels.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: i c

ender00 said:

ender00 said:

tehee. Someone's excited!!! vertel.gif