Replace stock suspension with ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slugger103

Reaction score
While I've posted before in other conversations that I desired to do a lift & add an ARB bumper on my '04 KJ, reality closed in. I'm going to be using the Liberty a lot to haul my elderly parents back & forth to ever-increasing medical appointments. So no real lift to speak of as they need to get in/out of the KJ without steps. I'm looking at the OME 925/947's to replace my 207K miles worn out suspension. I've already replaced the rear shocks with Bilstein 24-139175. Rear springs (the 947's) I order next & replace those. The front shocks I'm assuming are the Bilstein 24-139168's & I'll get the 925's also for up front.

Now...as I'm sure everyone is seeing, parts for the 2004 KJ are starting to be scarce. Example - Moog shock mounts for the front I can only find the driver's side. Passenger side's are "indefinitely" out of stock everywhere or estimated ship date of over a month away (Summit Racing). So I guess I'll have to order & keep my fingers crossed.

I'm also looking at new rear spring isolators, rear jounce bump-stops. Anything else I should try to find to replace? What am I leaving out if anything?

And am I correct in that even installing the 925/947's will still lift the KJ slightly? Any decent alternatives that will create no lift?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Small amount of lift with the OMEs
of course depends on how much sag you have now ,
and no there are no alternatives unless you just want to go back stock and be the same old , same old with weak springs

Slugger103

Reaction score
Small amount of lift with the OMEs
of course depends on how much sag you have now ,
and no there are no alternatives unless you just want to go back stock and be the same old , same old with weak springs

No...NOT OEM stock. Will probably do the 925/947's & call it a day. Was there anything else I should consider replacing at the same time as the springs/shocks? I already have replacement jounce stops that sit inside at the top rear spring isolators.

Thanks for your suggestions TOMMUDD!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.