Replace Renegade Front Bumper Fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Please in the future post the year of your Jeep Rene. Or add it to your info & or /sig line.
I had to look through ur posts to find out it was a 2006 model.
I have no idea why the dealership wants $150 per bulb..ridiculous.
According to your owner's manual which fog bulb is in there H3 ?
You can buy for $50 a pair of PIAA bulbs that last years and years and have good output.
Piaa 15223 H3 55W 110W Xtreme White Plus Replacement Bulbs Twin Pack | eBay
As far as accessing to replace them it is not that hard.
It is a matter of removing the grille, and I will let others with as 06 or FSM info comment further on that as my 04 is different.

Last edited:

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please in the future post the year of your Jeep Rene. Or add it to your info & or /sig line.
I had to look through ur posts to find out it was a 2006 model.
I have no idea why the dealership wants $150 per bulb..ridiculous.
According to your owner's manual which fog bulb is in there H3 ?
You can buy for $50 a pair of PIAA bulbs that last years and years and have good output.
Piaa 15223 H3 55W 110W Xtreme White Plus Replacement Bulbs Twin Pack | eBay
As far as accessing to replace them it is not that hard.
It is a matter of removing the grille, and I will let others with as 06 or FSM info comment further on that as my 04 is different.

Sorry about that. I should've mentioned the year. It's not the bulb, it's the lamp assembly itself.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats it look like? Is it the ones mounted on the bumper? If so I have one good used one.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
And here I was thinking an 06 would defiantly have the fogs above bumper in grille.
I guess the exception seems to be the Renegade, they kept them in bumper..interesting..!
What is the bulb in 06 if Rene has them in bumper...mine were stock 9145's before I swapped em to the F-150 high beam mod bulbs 9005 ST.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not in the bumper, they're mounted on the bumper.

You must be registered for see images attach

I replaced the driver's side with an OEM I got on ebay for under $50 shipped.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They're not in the bumper, they're mounted on the bumper.

I replaced the driver's side with an OEM I got on ebay for under $50 shipped.

This ( pictured above) is what I have, one is good shape , other has good glass but body is busted .
I'll have to revise my pricing after I see what they are going for :shrug::happy175:

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ( pictured above) is what I have, one is good shape , other has good glass but body is busted .
I'll have to revise my pricing after I see what they are going for :shrug::happy175:

I ordered a pair of KCs. Do you know if I'm in need of removing the bumper, grill etc? No clue what's involved in removing these. That and they're recessed into the front bumper so some sort of riser will likely need to be fashioned.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removal is easy. One star bolt attaches it to the bumper. Have to remove the grill to unplug the wires. Grill has tabs on top that pop off then pull it up and out.

Don't know about adding new non OEM lights. Probably have to cut the plug off and wire them up. Should come with a bracket and then reuse the original bolt.

Last edited:

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removal is easy. One star bolt attaches it to the bumper. Have to remove the grill to unplug the wires. Grill has tabs on top that pop off then pull it up and out.

Don't know about adding new non OEM lights. Probably have to cut the plug off and wire them up. Should come with a bracket and then reuse the original bolt.

This is good news. Thanks.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tommudd (or anyone), do you by chance have a spare passenger side fog light bracket? Just so happened to attempt to screw in a 5/16 bolt into it and the head tore off -_-

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean this piece? If so, it's yours for postage (nope, not much corrosion on the Torx security bolt despite the photo).

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry not the base of the fog assembly, the bracket that is beneath the bumper.

Attachments

• 20140625_173716.jpg
    20140625_173716.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10