Changing factory fog lights for aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epyon

Reaction score
Just a question for those that may know. I have an 06 Renegade (back when that used to mean something, heh) that has the factory round fog lights. My lens recently cracked (I'm assuming because of a rock or something), and rather than replacing the gigantic lens I was thinking of just replacing the old fog light assemblies with something like these:

Amazon.com: Nilight 2 X 18W 1260 lm Cree LED Spot Driving Fog Light LED Work Light Bar Mounting Bracket for SUV Boat 4 x 4 Jeep Lamp, 2 years Warranty: Automotive

I'm somewhat familiar with low voltage DC systems due to working on some airsoft training guns for my local agency, but I've never worked with relays or anything else.

Basically the question I have is can I use the factory switch and wiring and just replace the OEM fog light assembly with the units marked above? If it's possible, is there a brief guide someplace on how to do it?

I'm not thinking it will be a problem, due to the old bulb being 35w and the one linked above being only 17w, I just want to cover my bases.

Last edited:

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut, splice, and seal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to add an inline capacitor so they don't flicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online