OEM NOS Renegade Fog Lamps for '05 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sugar Bear

Reaction score
Hello, Everybody

New member here and first time posting. I have already gained so much knowledge just by cruising all the posts. You guys are amazing.

I have an 05 Liberty Sport that I would like to mount fog lights on. I prefer OEM, but not married to the idea.
I ran across a set on ebay for an NOS bumper mounted set, but the listing has expired/changed/don't know.

But then this from the 05 FSM:

Vehicles equipped with optional front fog lamps have a premium Body Control Module (BCM), a front fog lamp relay installed in the Junction Block (JB), a front fog lamp switch integral to the left control stalk of the multi-function switch, and the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC).

1. How do I determine if I have a premium BCM?
2. Do I actually need one?

Thanks for any guidance you care to give.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Everybody

New member here and first time posting. I have already gained so much knowledge just by cruising all the posts. You guys are amazing.

I have an 05 Liberty Sport that I would like to mount fog lights on. I prefer OEM, but not married to the idea.
I ran across these on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Je...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But then this from the 05 FSM:

Vehicles equipped with optional front fog lamps have a premium Body Control Module (BCM), a front fog lamp relay installed in the Junction Block (JB), a front fog lamp switch integral to the left control stalk of the multi-function switch, and the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC).

1. How do I determine if I have a premium BCM?
2. Do I actually need one?

Thanks for any guidance you care to give.

Those foglights are for the 2015-2017 Jeep Renegade... not the Liberty Reneade (edition). Wrong vehicle.

Sugar Bear

Reaction score
Not sure how that happened. That's not even the listing I was following on ebay. Oh, well, let's pretend they are the correct ones. Do you know if they would work without a premium BCM?
The threads I have seen on here about OEM fogs don't mention it, that I recall.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add them yes, you need a premium BCM. The Mopar add on kit will come with the switch (if it is new/complete). If you have RKE then you have a premium BCM.

Sugar Bear

Reaction score
Okay, my OEM bumper mounted fogs came in. Happy day. Thanks to 04Liberty, I knew I had a premium BCM (I know, basic stuff, but I am still coming up to speed on this vehicle).
Great guns until I tried to connect the jeep's wiring to the fogs:
Looks like there is a different connector depending on the type of fog (grill or bumper).
Yellow connector is from vehicle to fog.

Attachments

• IMG_20181122_142612.jpg1.jpg
    IMG_20181122_142612.jpg1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20181122_142625.jpg1.jpg
    IMG_20181122_142625.jpg1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 25

Sugar Bear

Reaction score
Okay, I am sure most folks know this already, but just in case:

If you are wanting to go stock on your fog lamps for '02-'07, you will need the premium BCM and this headlight wiring harness: 55156821AA.

You can still catch them on ebay or a junk yard.

If you are going bumper mounted stock, you will need to find a Renegade (not sure what other trim line had them) so the connectors match up, or just make your own.

My '05 did not come with fogs, but did have the premium BCM. I found some OEM NOS Renegade fogs on ebay that came with the upgraded stalk, fuse, and relay.

I initially thought I was pre - wired for fogs. Big mistake - those were airbag crash sensors!

Anyway, all is well and fogs are working.

Latest posts

Members online