Renegade roof lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have several questions about the factory mounted roof lights that are on the Renegades. are they adjustable to change where the beams hit? both in elevation, and side to side? also, will I have to upgrade the alternator to keep up with the extra power loss (I am assuming they are 55 watt each)? and finally, what type of a beam pattern to they project? fog, driving, or pencil beam?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjustable up and down. Alt should be fine. Beam is more spot, not much flood.

If fact, I personally can’t tell the difference between the roof lights and high beam headlights. Except for the reflection on the hood and windshield.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, spot lights have their place, I had a pair of Cibie pencil beams on the front of my hot rod 40 years ago. I could see stop signs (well, tiny red reflective dots anyway) 5 miles away. which is a good thing when your driving 150+ mph at night. But spot lights would be less than ideal for off roading at 35 mph and less. driving and fogs would be a much better choice. probably some bean counter over riding an engineers decision because they could get a better deal on 250,00 of one type, than 125,000 each of fog and driving lights.