renegade owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get different fender flares....unless you want to fill each one in, and repaint...

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to paint the bolts and then put them back in!:D U guys really thought I wanted the standard flares on my rene...u guys are crazy:eek: Also, Im missing a couple of the bolts already and need to remove a few to see if I can find something similar at the hardware store that will fit.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
All I can say is I applaud your initiative and prepare for the mother of all masking jobs :D

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is I applaud your initiative and prepare for the mother of all masking jobs :D

X2

There was another thread on here about something similar. I think we determined that they are just clips and not real bolts, right? Anyone else remember that?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I got the "bolt on" on my Freedom Edition and I would think that you would take the fender off they same way as the reg. libby fenders!

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the best, easiest way to remove the fake bolts from the fenders?

Ummmmm, okay. I am aware that the bolts are not real, hence the quote above! Also, I have no intentions of removing the fenders...just the bolts, hence the quote above! I know that the bolts can be removed because some are missing already, I simple wanted to know if anyone has removed them before but, I guess not!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im going to try in wrap some fishing line between the bolt head and fender a give a firm, even pull and see if they come out. I'll let everyone know how it works out!:D

jeepfrog

Reaction score
You could always try one of those automotive touch-up paints. That will last longer than nail polish.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to offend anyone, but I've always thought the "pretend" rivets made the Rennys (or anything else) look cheep. that just my opinion, and probably not even worth $.02.

I suppose you could drill them out and use some good socket head bolts in there place, but how would you get the nuts on the back?

I'll climb back under my rock now....

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeze guys lol...

Look, if you want to remove those "bolt/rivets" remove the flares, there's tabs that hold the fake rivets on that you can access from the other side of the flare

but before you do that, you need to get some replacement plastic rivets, or some 7/16th push pin reuseable rivets so that you can reinstall your flares when you're done

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeze guys lol...

Look, if you want to remove those "bolt/rivets" remove the flares, there's tabs that hold the fake rivets on that you can access from the other side of the flare

but before you do that, you need to get some replacement plastic rivets, or some 7/16th push pin reuseable rivets so that you can reinstall your flares when you're done

Their has to be another way!:(:(:(:(:(pukey.gif

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be painting my flares and other things lime green soon. just take a piece of masking tape, stick it to your jeans to make it not so sticky, then wrap it around the rivet to mask off the rivets to keep them unpainted... otherwise do the same thing around the rivets to keep everything else masked off, and just spray them while they are on the jeep

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be painting my flares and other things lime green soon. just take a piece of masking tape, stick it to your jeans to make it not so sticky, then wrap it around the rivet to mask off the rivets to keep them unpainted... otherwise do the same thing around the rivets to keep everything else masked off, and just spray them while they are on the jeep

This is what I was really trying to avoid! Masking off, ***** off!:D:D:D However, I'm now stranger to the task(masking off, not sucking off(rotflmao)) and it will def. look the best. I'm going this route...;)