Renegade drive shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darko154

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently my 2002 jeep liberty renegade front drive shaft went so i have to basically buy a new one. The only problem im running into is figuring out what size i need. Its a 3.7 l engine. Online i see that they have 19 in, 20 in, and 16.5 in shafts but before i spend nearly 400 bucks on it i need help. Thanks guys

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently my 2002 jeep liberty renegade front drive shaft went so i have to basically buy a new one. The only problem im running into is figuring out what size i need. Its a 3.7 l engine. Online i see that they have 19 in, 20 in, and 16.5 in shafts but before i spend nearly 400 bucks on it i need help. Thanks guys

Are you sure you need the entire shaft? Is the rear CV joint bad? If that's the case then you can purchase the joint and replace it on your existing driveshaft. You can replace either/both CV joints and be good as new for WAY less than a new shaft.

Now if you need the entire shaft because it's bent or dinged up then hopefully 4WD Hardware can help you out.

Bob

Darko154

Reaction score
Ive actually already had the cv joint replaced got it all rebuild and a week later the new boot they put on burned for some reason. And the little gear like end of tje shaft is stripped.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive actually already had the cv joint replaced got it all rebuild and a week later the new boot they put on burned for some reason. And the little gear like end of tje shaft is stripped.

Sounds like the CV joint was too tight causing excessive heat - which burned the boot. Something's not right there...

As I said above, hopefully 4WD.com can help you. If not I have a contact who sells only Jeep parts - I just got back from there picking up some goodies for mine. PM me and I'll get you his info - I don't want to step on 4WD's sponsorship here.

Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
It's a simple quest you have :D Just crawl under the KJ ... and measure the drive shaft from weld to weld and that will give you the 16.5, 19 or 20 inch measurement you are looking for.

Cheers

P.S. Just had a great experience with Indy Driveshafts .. would recommend without hesitation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.