Removing the roof rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did you see one without them (i never had any use of the roof rails as there is no cross rail and they cost wayy to much).. maybe i will like it without rails too.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen a few on the highways sans rails... I'm guessing at one time they were an option or some modles came from the factor without them.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not hard to do. The rail ends are 2 peices of plastic sandwiched together. pry them apart with a flat head screwdriver and it will expose the bolts underneath to remove the rails.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a part you can order from the dealer to fill those gaps up? I would hope so... that's why I haven't yet removed them.

Here's a pic of a KJ with the rails removed. I love it.

You must be registered for see images

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this over the weekend. But after taking a look and visualizing I'm not sure mine would look right. I have the lightbar and the rear air deflector. Without the rails it may look fugly.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey marlon that looks nice, but I don't it is only the absence of the bars making it look great, count the lift, tires, rims, crazy bumpers and rock rails into consideration.. I am also thinking my black stock might not look allright without them..

Phil, just get photoshop running and work on it, i think it will give you the idea.. or ask Miah. :-({|=

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
hey marlon that looks nice, but I don't it is only the absence of the bars making it look great, count the lift, tires, rims, crazy bumpers and rock rails into consideration.. I am also thinking my black stock might not look allright without them..

Phil, just get photoshop running and work on it, i think it will give you the idea.. or ask Miah. :-({|=

I looked past those features and I still think it looks good.

and ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!