Remove Rear Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to take out the bench seat in the rear to get my new seat covers installed nice and neat (and snug). If I can avoid taking out the seat back I'd prefer that.

Any pointers? We may actually see the sun tomorrow and I'd like to finish the job off properly. :mexsmoke:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
If I understand what you're asking, both the seat and the back are bolted together. The only way I know of to remove one is to remove both.

I don't have the photos of when I removed mine, or the seats anymore to take a photo - but for me, each section (the 40/60) came out in one piece.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, that would work. To get a snug fit with the covers I bought you really need to get at the back and the bottom. Obviously that was no problem with the front seats. If I could take out one side of the back seats it would be doable. I actually have the covers on there already, but the front ended up looking even better than I had hoped and I'd like to get the back to match.

I'll try and get some pictures if I don't forget. :)

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to take out the bench seat in the rear to get my new seat covers installed nice and neat (and snug). If I can avoid taking out the seat back I'd prefer that.

Any pointers? We may actually see the sun tomorrow and I'd like to finish the job off properly. :mexsmoke:

I have one pointer...take out the bench seat and avoid taking out the seat back if you prefer...:happy175: Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Actually, I got nuthin'. Yellocoyote obviously has better info.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank all the fine people who helped me out. Oh, and you too, KJmurf. :icon_twisted: :happy175:

Actually, with a fresh start and the sudden realization that the seam on the back of the bench at the place where it meets the seat back was a velcro fitting, removing the seats turned out to be unnecessary. This was another of those jobs where I wish I had ten Jeeps to do because with what I learned from the first one I could have done the next nine in the same amount of time that the first one took. It was kind of like painting your house; by the time you really get in a good groove you are done.

I hope to have some pics and a mini-review up sometime tomorrow. :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I permanently took my seats out a few years ago. It, too, was a fun learning experience. :p

I'm glad you got it worked out and squared away, prof. On to the next project, yes? :)