Remove rear head-rests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted to remove the rear head-rests in my '03 Sport without success. The manual says the head-rests can be raised without pushing the button but makes no mention of how to remove them. I tried to hold the button in and pulling up when they reached the top of their range but no luck. I want to remove them so I can lay the back seat down and not limit the travel of the front seats which run into the head-rests at about 2/3rds of their travel.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has two buttons on the bottom each post. Push them in and that's that.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has two buttons on the bottom each post. Push them in and that's that.

^^^^^ That ^^^^

I've always wished the rear seats could be folded down with the headrests in place. (I could remove the headrests permanently but for some crazy reason I like them back there.)

Of course I wish even more that the rear seats actually folded flat for cargo hauling and camping. Oh well... :shrug:

Bob

Last edited:

crasher

Reaction score
^^^^^ That ^^^^

I've always wished the rear seats could be folded down with the headrests in place. (I could remove the headrests permanently but for some crazy reason I like them back there.)

Of course I wish even more that the rear seats actually folded flat for cargo hauling and camping. Oh well... :shrug:

Bob

I removed mine just because I feel that I have better visibility from the driver's seat out the rear windows with less stuff standing up back there.

They sure could have done a better job making the rear cargo area more useful, tho.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
In the two-and-a-half years I've owned it I think I have have had a passenger in the back seat three times. I've often considered removing the rear seats altogether and putting in some custom storage and a flat platform. I know as soon as I did that I would suddenly need the rear seats again, probably multiple times... :icon_lol:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the time now in my KJ, since the cargo & rear floor area remains full, I have resorted to a towel covering the rear seat, and have identified my favorite new location, to stack shopping & more stuff! :icon_lol:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the two-and-a-half years I've owned it I think I have have had a passenger in the back seat three times. I've often considered removing the rear seats altogether and putting in some custom storage and a flat platform. I know as soon as I did that I would suddenly need the rear seats again, probably multiple times... :icon_lol:

You must be registered for see images attach