Remote starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive installed mine. If you have done them in the past its pretty much the same thing except for the Sentry thing. You will need to purchase a universal alarm bypass module. Also need to purchase and programme another key.

Good luck

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear there's an "official" Chrysler remote starter kit that doesn't require a dedicated sentry key to be made.

The cost of the key for my 2005 was over $120, so that plus to cost of the remote starter wasn't in the cards for me.

I think the Chrysler remote kit was upwards of $350, so even going that route was about the same price as a third-party kit and a dedicated key.

Either way, too costly just to avoid me having to go out and start it in the cold weather.

I put the money into an RB1 system; that's much more useful.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the keys aftermarket for $30 and program it yourself in your driveway providing you have both original keys.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even for the new key/fob integrated sentry keys? That's what I have on my '05.

I don't like it, but that's what I've got.

You must be registered for see images

Dean46304

Reaction score
2005 Key FOB

I bought one for my Durango(same new style) to use for my remote start that was already cut on EBAY for $10.00. You don't need the key just the electronics inside it. To get it to fit in the bypass box I programmed it and then took it out of the plastic case.

Dean

Members online

No members online now.