Remote locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickie

Reaction score
Good morning all from the UK.

Premium alarm system.

I lost the spare key & remote transmitter for my 2002 Liberty. Called out a mobile Key supplier unit. He cut a new key and downloaded the codes to the new Jeep supplied remote. (Key works fine). Remote need another step to activate which he could not do. Apparently only Jeep dealer can properly code the remote (cost $80.00!).

I am sure I have read somewhere that you can program a new remote from the existing remote using a sequence of key and ignition modes.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you.

Chris.

PS/ My remote is three button -lock - unlock & rear door/glass The remote is a separate unit from the key (this I understand is why Jeep have to code it?).

I found this: Hi! Its your lucky day! I have programming instructions right here! Under your steering column u will find ur DLC (Data Link Connecter) Its the data port that dealers and garages use to hook up to their computer. You will need a wire (jumper wire) that is thick enough to carry a low voltage. And ground wire to bare piece of metal. ok here are the instructions MAKE SURE IGNTION IS SWITCHED OFF!
1) Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground.
2) Within 10 sec.. switch ignition to ACC position and then back to OFF 3 times.

3) Doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration mode.
4) Press and release remote transmitter LOCK button
5) Within 10 sec Press remote transmitter LOCK button twice. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration. If registering 2 remotes within 1 minute carry out button procedure for additional transmitters. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration
NOTE: to exit programming mode: switch ignition to ON. Also a MAXIMUM of 2 transmitters can be programmed at a time.

However, I am a bit wary of this - I don't want to screw the whole system!

Last edited: