Remote Control can only unlock doors from inside the car (Liberty 05)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klaus

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am having a weird problem with my Jeep Liberty 2005 recently.

I cannot unlock the doors with the remote from outside the car. I can open the doors with the key and all the unlock power buttons inside the car work perfectly. I also can use the remote inside the car with no problem, but not from the outside ?!

What do you think might be the problem?

Thanks

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, but I also had several other symptoms, so this may or may not help...
I was checking all my fuses and when I reinstalled fuse #34, everything went back to normal. Might have been dirty or had a little too much oxidation on the blades.

Wouldnt hurt to take a look at all your fuses.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a lot of thing, When you are outside the car, the body make a shield over the receptor so it could be the emitter that can't send a strong signal anymore, the receiver, could be a fuse.
Do you have a second key?

klaus

Reaction score
Hi,

yes I have a second key and the problem persist even with that.

About the fuses I will have to check them, but the fact that I can use the key inside the car seems more like a "receiver" problem.

Do you know if the receiver is a separate part and can be changed?

Thanks all

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check voltage on the replacement remote battery, sometimes their duds right out of the package.

kyled

Reaction score
A receiver is a separate part, but it is likely that if it is having issues so do the other parts. I would check the fuse in the car first -- it is an easier and cheaper fix.

klaus

Reaction score
The problem was resolved really simply.

I had a ride with my car and afterwards the problem was fixed (I guess it was related to the car's battery)

Thanks

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe your JEEP didn't like for you to use the car so it started working so you would dive it and not the car.
Some how I feel bad for a puppy.