Relationship tire size versus lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HIKJ

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why you need 2" lift to fit a 245/75-16 tire?

This tire is only 1.5" larger in diameter than stock, so the radius is only 0.75" larger. I would think 1" lift is more than enough.
Moreover, I read only rubbing problems at 3 and 9 o'clock (against the pinch weld and the front of the fender), not at 12 o'clock. So I don't see how more lift is going to help.

Please enlighten me....

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing...

by the way, I noticed that you are in France. I don't know if English is your first language or not, but you write very well!!!

HIKJ

Reaction score
Brigrat said:
by the way, I noticed that you are in France. I don't know if English is your first language or not, but you write very well!!!

I am a Dutch citizen; I lived and worked in Cinti, Ohio 1981-1985.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the larger arc this tire will make when turning sharply. Take a look at how close your current tires come to rubbing while the wheel is a different angles, also measure while the tire is stuffed upwards and see how much clearance you have then.